Powered by Blogger.

Coastal Scents Haul!!

 Friday, October 28, 2011

You may or may not have noticed my blogging about Coastal Scents sales? I have been monitoring the sales frequently ever since my friend Dull told me that the palettes become so much more affordable when she got a 15% discount that made shipping "practically free". I was so enthused when I managed to get a 35% discount! Isn't that even more amazing?

This is my haul :

Hugeeeee box! You know what? Coastal Scents labelled my products as weighing 3kg+. Ridiculous, when you see what I got.

I have to say that the packing is top class! They really make sure that your palettes come to you in one piece, with no spillage! :)

Taa-daaa!! I bought 2 88 Ultra Shimmer Palettes (one is a Christmas present for someone) and 1 Metal Mania Palette!

Close up of the 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette

Close up of the Metal Mania palette

Free sample of "Emerald Sapphire" eyeshadow... but as you can see, the whole thing leaked .. not exactly a very pleasant freebie to receive.

I'm really looking forward to reviewing the eyeshadow palettes properly, though I doubt I will really provide swatches of 88 colors. ~_~" Maybe just show some looks that I've been creating with the palettes? Have to admit that I've only used the Metal Mania palette so far and I'm AMAZED with the pigmentation. A little bit goes a long, long way and the colors are so freaking brilliant, even when I use my fingers and not a brush! Amazing quality!

The only thing that I have to complain about isn't even to do with Coastal Scents, but the fact that Malaysian customs charged me RM83 for "customs tax". WTF is that! And why so much? Do you know the actual cost of what I paid? I paid USD47 for the eyeshadow palettes and about USD20 for shipping. RM83 would be more than 50% of the price of the eyeshadows. I tried learning more about why I got taxed, and it seems like it's random, and there are cases where customs taxes you based on what they THINK it is worth, and not what you placed as its worth.

So freaking unfair. It really makes me afraid to buy stuff online. =( And if you suggest that I go and make a complaint to them --- I would have to go allll the way to KLIA to meet them. My friend said that she tried complaining before - when she got taxed for 2 DVD sets, and they just said that "memang ada tax" (there is always tax). This is untrue, cos I've been doing so much online shopping and this is the first time that I had to pay customs.

Arggghh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP