Powered by Blogger.

Zest Body Wash - "Hint of Honey"

 Sunday, October 23, 2011



Unlike me, my boyfriend does not pack samples to use when travelling. Neither does he bring his own bottles of shampoo and bodywash. What he does is... he buys what he needs from the first drugstore he sees, and then he doesn't even bother to pack it back into his luggage. This means that whatever shampoo or bodywash he *does* use, he uses it indulgently. Super wasteful, and it makes my heart break.

I convinced him to get the Zest Body Wash in "Hint of Honey" for his shower gel as it was the best thing in Mannings (the HK version of Guardian). I've always wanted to try the Zest shower gel range because it looks soooo inviting. All in all, they have "Marathon", "Aqua Pure" and "Hint of Honey". I remember the Aqua Pure one smelling really good, and that's the one that I really wanted to try. But it costs about RM25, and that is super pricey for drugstore shower gel right? Usually for RM25, I can get 1 liter of shower gel! Hehehe. By the time I decided to get it, I noticed that they aren't selling it anymore in Malaysia... :( Well, at least the place where I saw used to stock it doesn't anymore. If you have any clue, give me a heads up!

They didn't have Aqua Pure in Mannings, and Marathon smells quite horrid (what you would smell like AFTER a marathon? I kid, not that bad), so we went with "Hint of Honey", which is really good! I super like this body wash!

The honey smell is not that subtle, but not overpowering either. Best of all, there's a bit of a minty feeling in the body wash as well. This leaves you feeling a little bit tingly and all fresh after your shower. Good for those people who fear that this honey body wash is a bit too feminine for them. No worries! The manly boyfriend definitely enjoyed using this.

In Lush's promo for their "Honey, I washed the kids" soap, they mentioned that it is rare for a company to put in REAL honey into their products, and I honestly cannot tell you whether there is any REAL honey in this body wash. Maybe you're wondering, what's the deal with honey anyway? This site tells us that "Honey's natural antioxidant and anti-microbial properties help to protect the skin from the damage of the sun's rays, supports the skin's ability to rejuvenate and refresh depleted skin, leaving it feeling silky soft and supple. One of the most common natural skin care benefits with honey is related to treatment of minor acne."

A very good body wash, and a repurchase for me. If I can find it.
If you're wondering what happened to our body wash in HK... well, we left 1/3 at the end of 5 days, so that is how wasteful we were! I was afraid that my bag would be over the limit, so I didn't rescue the remainder, though now, I wish I had!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP