Powered by Blogger.

Davidoff Cool Water Woman EDT

 Saturday, October 22, 2011

This was my go-to perfume when I was in Hong Kong. I always bring perfume samples when I'm travelling instead of my usual bottles. Saves luggage space + a great time to try something new - when you're also in a new land! Don't ask me what to do when the perfume turns out to be a stinker. Bring a few samples, I guess?

Actually, I quite regret bringing this for a few reasons :
a. this perfume is an EDT. Which means it's not as long lasting as an eau de parfum. If you're going to be out for long periods of time, it's better to bring an EDP
b. the perfume sample comes in a weird bottle which is NOT a spritz. You have to pull a little stick thing out and use it to apply on your wrists, etc. Since it's an EDT, this stick thing becomes totally ridiculous because it doesn't apply enough for you to SMELL anything at one go. I end up feeling like I'm pouring perfume on myself!

But I am very sure the actual bottle is not like that at all. I just want to rant about the way Davidoff packages their Cool Water Woman EDT samples, k? :P

The perfume is described as such :

"The first fresh aquatic fragrance born of nature's most shimmering, most luminous essences. The zesty freshness of blackcurrant and honeydew blend with aquatic florals to create this radiant, sensual scent."

That sounds really good on paper. I'm a fan of fruity scents, and I do like the Davidoff Cool Water for men. However, this scent falls kind of short for me. First of all, it fades of REALLY fast, even for an EDT. It's as if 10 minutes later, I don't even know whether I had sprayed any perfume on myself. Although it is pleasant enough.. it is also very unmemorable. Perhaps the perfume makers wanted it to be a sort-of, "Maybe she's born smelling like this? Maybe it's Davidoff!". Do. Not. Like.

I don't even find it that fruity or sensual. I kind of feel like ... it smells like a nice hotel lobby or something like that. You know? Something non-descript. It's definitely not a repurchase for me in the future, quite disappointed as I know many people who are fans of the male version. Maybe the EDP is better? I would have to check it out myself at the counter. But with so many other lovely perfumes out there... they should be coming to me, not vice versa. :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP