Powered by Blogger.

Yuberactive Review : Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Cardinal

 Sunday, October 23, 2011

Thanks to Yuberactive for the cream blusher from Max Factor! It is really a different type of blusher that I've not gotten a chance to use before. I've used to mineral powder blushers, normal powder blushers , liquid cheek tints... and now a cream blusher! I was expecting it to be like a powder blush, but it is more like a cheek tint to me.



Personal thoughts when using the blush? Well, you definitely don't use it OVER powder because you're going to have a hard time blending it. I like to use it just over a clean, moisturised face so that it gives a subtle glow. Because the packaging is so small and cute, you can keep it in your bag for easy touch-ups throughout the day. Again --- that's easy to do only if you don't wear foundation OVER the blush.

To use it, think of it like... a lip gloss. You swirl it with your fingers (yes, a brush is out of the question), quickly dab a bit on your cheeks and then continue to blend in with your fingers. I am used to using blushers like Benefit's Cha Cha Tint, so this was quite a familiar process for me. To ensure that the color distribution is done properly, I recommend making three "dots" on your cheeks like the picture below before you blend it in. Also, my personal "recipe" for using this is to give three "swirls" around the small container before applying on my face. One swirl is too light, and three swirls leaves just the right amount of color after blending everything out properly.



I like the blush because the Soft Cardinal shade is youthful and gives me a healthy glow. It's not something garish and I think it would be suitable for all age groups. The bad part is that because it is a bit "sticky" in texture, it requires some amount of tugging at my cheeks in order to blend it in properly. As I grow older, I get more anal about tugging at my skin that might result in wrinkles. Heh.



Plus, in the morning when I go to work, it's so much easier to just swipe on some powder blush with two flicks of my brush instead of messing around with my face with my fingers. I believe it was Natalie Portman who said that the best make-up advice she ever received was to keep her hands away from her face at all times. Hmm...

However, having said all that ... I find RM28 too pricey for a tiny bit of blusher. Still, a very interesting product. Think about it --- you can store a blusher in your handbag with no worries of spillage. You don't have to take any brush along (e.g: when you use mineral make-up blushers!). It's small, so it can be slipped in along with your lipstick!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP