Powered by Blogger.

Sophie Monk "May Beauty Be With You" Mask

 Wednesday, October 26, 2011

This is one of the more expensive face masks that I've ever used (RM6+) from Watsons... I admit, I bought it because I was totally drawn to the cute packaging! It's Sophie Monk's "May Beauty Be With You" face mask! There are 5 different types of masks, but I don't remember them all, hehe. Go check it out for yourself in Watsons! I got the green color one which is the pore minimising, double-lifting one.

The mask claims that it will help to "reduce the size of enlarged pores, regulate sebum secretion and help to firm & moisturise skin".


I think all the masks are supposed to have this "lifting" effect, as this is why the masks are more expensive than normal masks. To get a "lifting" effect, the masks come with extra straps that go UNDER your chin and are secured with YOUR EARS.

Some may like it because you really feel strapped it and things are defying gravity for a moment... but many others have complained because it makes the masks more cumbersome to use. Essence will get onto your hair, the mask may be TOO uncomfortable if you see your ears turning red, etc etc.


Personally? Yeah, I'm kinda anal-retentive about mask essence getting onto my hair, but I think it's a small price to pay because I really like the uplifting effect of the mask! Even if there was no "double lifting" effect, I also like the good quality of the face mask. It's made of more durable, stretchy material than normal masks. Ergonomically, it's also very well-designed.

Side view, so you can see how everything is well tucked away. Hahhaa!

However, in terms of the effectiveness in the "pore minimising" area... I would say that er... it doesn't really work? I don't really see a great difference in that area. However, it was definitely moisturising and firming, of course the effects don't last forever. But still, good mask to relax in if you want to indulge. No particular scent that I can remember, so that's no fun. Still, I may pick up another mask in the future, just to try out a different 'flavor'.

I was curious about "Sophie Monk Beauty", because the packaging features Japanese (??) girls, but Sophie Monk is an Australian singer, part of the band Bardot from yonks ago. Right? She looks something like this :





I'm not sure if she launched a beauty line, as I can't find any mention of it in her Wikipedia page... but it can't be merely a coincidence, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP