Powered by Blogger.

My Happiest Moment

 Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Trying my luck with this contest from Nuffnang. I reckon that even if I don't win, it's kinda therapeutic to think about what was the happiest moment in your life thus far, right?

Was it when I graduated? ((I didn't take any photos during my graduation, so scratch that.))
When I got married? Bore my first child? ((Er... am still single - darn it! If I had a kid I would have the most tender, tear-jerking photo available to win this contest!))
I don't have any romantic photos with my boyfriend - he has a tendency to look like a stoner when taking photos together, totally the anti-thesis of a happiest moment.

I also like how Nuffnang suggests that we "go out and snap a photo!" like happiest moments are just scattered around everywhere. *bitter* Sadly, I have no one to frolick around outside with nor a fantastic camera to capture those moments. Happy moments are fleeting, they pass by in the blink of an eye. How often do we have a camera on hand, what more a camera that would do justice to that moment? But then I remembered that there was one moment in time when I was really happy. And here is my "Happiest Moment" ...


To you, this would just look like a normal bunch of fitness freaks. Or maybe not even fitness freaks but people wearing gym clothes, lol. But in fact this was on the last day of our two day INSTRUCTOR TRAINING for "Body Attack". Body Attack is a group exercise class from Les Mills Australia which most consists of high intensity, high impact cardio exercises with emphasis on STRENGTH and STAMINA.

Basically, to me it's THE most hardcore group exercise class from Les Mills. And guess what? We had all graduated as trainees (which means that when the head instructor of our gym thinks we are ready to teach, we can teach classes on our own), hence the HAPPY faces in the picture above!


It was really a moment of glory for me because I am NOT a naturally athletic person. When I was in primary school, I was the only one in my year to FAIL my fitness test because I didn't bother to actually run during the 100m timings, and walked all the way. Hahhaa! For all the school's Larian Lebuhraya, you can be sure that I'm one of the last few trailing in, hours after the race had actually ended. I was the last to be chosen for any team sports and when I am in a team, people would never pass the ball to me because I would either fumble or throw the ball to an opposing team member. How could I ever be associated with a program that expounds qualities like strength, stamina, coordination, etc?

Pure practice, practice, practice. =) So this photo reminds me that with practice, you can get where you want to, even though you are not "naturally" something. A shy person can become an extrovert if they keep practicing talking to others. An uncoordinated person can become coordinated when they practice choreography again and again.

With my trusty fish pouch which I use to store my mp3 player. Cos basically we have to perform some pre-choreographed routines set to certain tracks.

Let you in on a private secret as well --- at the time that I was doing my training, I was actually going through a break-up of a pretty long relationship. I would advise people who are going through break-ups to do something productive, you will never know where it will lead you to! In addition to not only coming out stronger, gaining new experiences, making new friends and getting a new "skill"... I was also super toned & thin! This was when I was at my thinnest .. around 19% body fat. If you think that is high, check out this page ... it's considered the "athletic" level already. ;)

Embarking on the journey to do instructor training also had me learning more about the importance of weight training, training supplements, diet.. all which I had not bothered with before. I can say that although I weighed 50kg when I was doing my training, I looked wayyyyy thinner than when I was in my college days weighing 50kg. Cos I had more muscle, was more "compacted".

So how could I not rate this as my HAPPIEST moment? The only sad part about this entry would be that it reminds me that I became much busier at work 6 months after I got the training certificate and I couldn't continue training. I will use this entry to continue motivating myself to get back to the peak that I once was at...

*cue Rocky music in the background.... fades off as blog entry comes to an end*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP