Powered by Blogger.

Deary Chamomile & Arbutin Mask

 Monday, October 10, 2011

I actually used this quite some time ago, but I didn't post it up as it seemed like I was only doing face mask posts! I am quite a fan of face masks, and after all this while, have grown to be quite a connoisseur. :) Deary is a brand that I've seen on the shelves, but have not tried before. I find the packaging to be quite cute, but the colors hadn't attracted me before. Plus, something about using the Curlz font that have put me off all this while. Anyway, after scrutinising what they have, I decided to go with the Chamomile & Arbutin mask...


This mask is mainly for whitening and minimising pigmentation. It is suitable for all skin types, especially for those who are suffering from uneven skin tone, pigmentation and freckles. I find it funny that PIGMENTATION is considered as a "skin condition". After all, all of us are pigmented to a certain degree, right? Anyway, I consider myself a little bit "conned" when I bought this mask because I thought the chamomile is supposed to be a soothing / relaxation kind of mask. Sigh... although chamomile tea is calming, chamomile for your skin is actually used in cosmetics for various skin problems, ranging from acne, irritation and other forms of rashes and skin complaints. It also promotes granulation and cell regeneration. As for arbutin, it's mainly used for skin whitening...

For myself, I didn't really notice any major differences in my skin, especially not in whiteness or in more even skin tone. To be honest, I was majorly distracted by the smell of the mask. Quite unpleasant, and it had a rather sticky kind of texture. Meh.

However, you can see from the picture that there's a LOT of essence, dripping all over my face and ensuring that the mask sticks closely to my skin. The ergonomics of the mask is also pretty good. But I guess I look so sad because I didn't like the FEEL of the essence on my skin, and I also didn't like the smell! Hahaha.

All in all, it was good for moisturisation for me, and that's it. I'm kinda doubtful about buying more masks from this range, cos as I have specified before, I am very particular about the aroma of my masks. Also, the mask that I bought in Watson seemed to be old stock, and the packet was kinda dusty! Wtf! (And it was one of the cleaner ones on the shelf)

2 comments:

Unknown October 15, 2011 at 5:35 AM  

Smelly sheet masks are always a pain! I usually do like Chamomile masks, but I guess this wasn't amazing. Thanks for the thoughtful review. I'm always on the lookout for mask reviews!

Leech The Leceh October 17, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

Hi Eva, haha, I won't go so far as to say it was SMELLY, but it wasn't pleasant to me. This definitely wasn't amazing. I would say the Guardian's drugstore chamomile mask was much better. :)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP