Powered by Blogger.

Fruit of the Earth Cocoa Butter

 Friday, October 21, 2011



Hmm... an interesting story on how I ended up getting this! As usual, Tron and I are pharmacy prowlers, and after prowling around the store (I remember - it was Caring, Empire Gallery), he had a basketful of stuff. Being a generous boyfriend, he said, "Is there anything you want? You can put it into my basket." Which is of course, the gentlemanly code of saying "I will pay for you."

Well! I'm so glad you asked, Mr Tron. Why, there's a lot of stuff I want!

I shyly (shy lah, cos I rarely get to pick my presents, right?) showed him this Palmer's Eventone Fade Milk series. It came in a very nice free bag as well. Price tag? Oh somewhere around RM80. He balked and said, "Why do you need all that!"
Me : "What!! Got facial cleanser + moisturiser + eye cream all in one!"
Mr Tron : "Nonsense. If you're going to ask for nonsense then I'm going to pay first."

2nd choice of gift.... I showed him this MooGoo moisturiser. I've always been uber curious about the MooGoo range, but I'm afraid it might be TOO heavy for my skin (it tends to break out if it's TOO moisturising). But there was some discount or other, making it only about RM50-RM60. Mr Tron just gave a look of "What the heck do you want this for?" again and in the end...

I chose a twin-pack of Fruit of the Earth's Smooth Hydrating Cocoa Butter with Aloe & Vitamin E. -___- Eh, please don't say that I chose it just to make Tron buy me something... it *was* something I wanted, but because of the price, I reckoned I could get it myself. Hahaha. Oh gosh, now I really sound like a golddigger. But how can I golddig when Tron is hard as rocks? It would be like goldmining not just digging. I would need an excavator. A pickax! Not just a spade. Lol!

I went way off topic, please note, all this is in jest. The point is that Tron was very willing to pay RM15.80 for TWO bottles of Fruit of the Earth's skin care lotion! Yea, that makes it only RM7.90 per 325ml bottle!! Super cheap right? Of course it attracted my notice! Plus, I've heard good things about Fruit of the Earth (in fact, I've used their after-sun aloe gel before), was wondering why it was going for so cheap!!

First of all --- the "cocoa butter" is quite unlike any "cocoa butter" product I've used before. Mainly because it doesn't smell like cocoa? Like Palmer's classic cocoa butter. This one actually smells more like aloe vera lotion! I say, they should've named this Aloe Butter. However, it's not unpleasant, it's just that I was surprised that it wasn't what I expected it to be after all.

The lotion is SUPER moisturising. No surprise there as this is marketed to contain the "Intensive Moisturising Formula". Having said that, I would say that it doesn't rest heavily on the skin, but it does take a heckuva long time for the cream to absorb into my skin. You either have to use a very small amount, or you have to really vigorously keep rubbing the cream in. Otherwise, you'd be left with white marks all over your limbs!

This product also contains wheat germ and sunflower seed oil on top of the aloe vera and vitamin E. How does this help you? Well, according to this site, "Wheat germ is rich in zinc, which plays a crucial role in the production of new skin cells. It also has anti-inflammatory properties to help prevent eczema; recent studies even indicate that wheat germ can help reduce acne. Get half a cup of wheat germ per day for your daily dose of zinc. Try sprinkling it over salads and yogurt or adding it to smoothies."

As for the sunflower seed oil, it is also very rich in vitamin oil and contains vitamins that can help soothe skin irritations and be a "natural guard" against acne. Well, I don't have any body acne, so I can't tell if it helps or not, but this might be useful information to some people. :)

All in all I would say that this product is DEFINITELY worth my money, haha. I may or may not buy it again --- I am someone who likes to indulge in my skincare, so I'm not really searching for discounts. I am willing to pay more for something that smells better than this, and absorbs quicker. I'm really picky on the absorbing quickly thing. It's a must-have for me in moisturisers. Still, it gives me a thrill when I find good products which are going for such a great price.

1 comments:

bibi December 21, 2018 at 5:08 AM  

hi, can apply at our face or not?

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP