Powered by Blogger.

Lush Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo

 Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Guess what this is?

You wouldn't expect me to say that this is SHAMPOO right? It's not as creamy as your usual shampoos and it is BROWN! How many people have shampoo like that? Hahaha. Anyway, this is the Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo from Lush, a company that is known for not very conventional products.


The first time I sniffed Cynthia Sylvia Stout, I thought it was horrible... but I've grown to like the slightly alcoholic smell mixed with an amazing amount of lemongrass. My scalp feels soooooo refreshed using this, and everything just feels so amazingly CLEAN. I checked the ingredient list on Lush, and apparently there's no lemongrass, but there are lemons in it. Hmm... anyway, it's a really lovely citrusy fragrance.

It takes quite a fair bit to get really foamy, and what I have on my palm is definitely not enough to wash my entire head of hair. Sigh, a pity because that means I'll probably end up using the entire bottle pretty quickly as this was just a free gift bottle from Lush HK, so it's only 100ml.

I had a choice between choosing American Cream or this shampoo, and I decided to go out of the norm and select this as the free gift instead (though I love American Cream!) because.... I actually wanted to try out whether there's any truth in beer / brandy promoting hair growth. I guess I'm concerned with this because I felt like my hair is dropping more after I did so much rebounding. What a weird position to be in - worried about not having enough hair - when I used to think that I have a lion's mane.

Anyway, it's still way too soon for me to judge whether it works or not, but Lush did say that the secret to the hair growing is in the YEAST in the beer. Apparently yeast improves the health of the hair and scalp and encourages the growth of new hair. Beer also contains protein to give your hair weight, smoothness and gloss. It's excellent for hair that tends to go frizzy in damp or humid environments. Perfect for me!

All in all, an excellent shampoo. I put it on par with Rehab for my fave shampoos from Lush! But do take note --- the smell does take getting use to, and now I love me some Cynthia!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP