Powered by Blogger.

Biotherm Skin Ergetic

 Monday, October 3, 2011


I was very excited about getting this sample of Biotherm's Skin.Ergetic because it's like, the latest item from the range! A small bottle costs like, RM200? And I entered contests to win it even though the main purpose of this item is ... for anti-aging! Ok, my birthday is coming up and I'm not getting younger, so this anti-aging stuff should come in useful! (Actually, it still won't stop me from ACTUAL aging, just hoping that people won't be able to guess my real age. That's all I'm asking for. And by that, I mean they should be guessing lower numbers.)

This is some usual marketing spiel :
"Drawn features, dull complexion, irregular skin tone... When fatigue becomes a way of life, it becomes visibly marked on the skin. The serum, enriched in broccoli extract, provides tireless looking skin, day after day.

The result?
Skin looks smoother, plumped with moisture.
Complexion looks radiant!"

Alright, so I used this when I was in Hong Kong, and I freaking hated it. In fact, I wanna blame it for my bad skin condition now. You know why?

Well first of all, this serum doesn't seem to be able to be absorbed QUICKLY into my skin. It was very very very hard to sink in, so it was harder for me to get my make-up done quickly. It felt very HEAVY on my skin... really weighing down on it. Like I couldn't breathe. It also had a very funky VEGETABLE smell about it, but not in a fresh & spring / grass-like way. I just don't know how to explain how WRONG it smelled. Blehk! Really can't imagine trying to use an entire bottle of this serum!

Since I wanted to finish the entire sachet, I also used it on my neck. Erm, yeah, same case. Felt the heaviness, uncomfy-ness...

Thank God that the activities for that day involved me and my boyfriend returning to the hotel for a short while to dump all our shopping. Obviously I took the chance to wash off my entire make-up and redo everything. Once I had stripped all the stuff off my face, I can hear my skin screaming "HALLELUJAH!!" So fresh, clean, lovely... totally the opposite of what I felt when I had Skin.Ergetic on. In fact, I even think it makes my face look oilier!

Now you might say - oh it's probably cos I walked a lot outside that day, or something. After all, I'm on holiday. I say bullshit. Cos I tested all the face cream samples I took along with me the same way. Everyday involved walking outside to some degree. When I wore Skin.Ergetic, it wasn't even when I went to Disneyland! Now THAT was some heavy-duty walking. Grr..

Is this a sign that I should not slather myself with anti-aging products? After all, one would expect it to be RICHER in texture. However, my friend once told me that one should start looking into anti-aging stuff once they hit 25. So in fact, I am behind schedule. *gulp*

[This is part 3 of my Hong Kong sample series..!]

1 comments:

Unknown August 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM  

レイバン サングラスはその機能性でよく褒められています。さまざまな屋外のスポーツシーンでもよく見られますが、Ray Ban サングラスも大切な役割を果たします。その中でも、飽きのこないデザインなレイバン wayfarerがとてもかっこいいです。

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP