Powered by Blogger.

Dial Ultra Hydrating Body Wash in Cherry Seed Oil & Mint

 Thursday, May 30, 2013

I said that I would repurchase the Dial Ultra Hydrating Body Wash, and I did! Again, I got it when I was in Singapore a while back, and I'm about halfway finished with the bottle already. Haven't been dumping it down the drain, but in fact, hubby and I had already used a fair bit during our stay in Singapore. Found it in our body care stash after all my soaps had gone down the drain, and when I saw this, I immediately thought, "Hey, I remember really liking it in Singapore! I should totally get reunited with it and write a proper review!" -___-

 

Actually, it wasn't really love at first sight when I first started using it in Singapore. The cherry smell was not as natural as I hoped for, but on the bright side, it's not THAT fake smelling. In fact, I like it much more than the grape seed oil Dial wash that I used previously. The bright red shower gel also looks very inviting and I do feel that I get an invigorating and moisturising shower with this shower gel.

As previously mentioned, the little beads you see inside are what contains the cherry seed oil. Pop it for extra moisturising effect. Although it isn't difficult to pop, I find that it doesn't naturally just burst upon contact, and I do find myself pressing the dang beads against my skin hard to ensure I *really* get my ultra hydration. =p Still, I find myself really liking Dial and probably going to repurchase from this range again because I really do enjoy my fruity shower times.


Cherry seed oil is actually extracted by coldpressing the cherry pits, and the oil has actually no semblance of smell to the actual fruit. This will explain why the shower gel doesn't smell like natural cherries and still has the "fake" type of cherry smell attached to it. To me, the "fake" smell is really not that bad, lol. Cherry seed oil has moisturising and antioxidant qualities to it, and can be easily incorporated into beauty products. I seem ot be using a lot of antioxidant beauty products recently! Just like the famed pomegranates, cherry seed oil also promotes collagen production in the skin and helps skin heal faster. Yay for antioxidants!

Mint was probably added in for the "peppy" factor to make this shower gel more invigorating. Honestly, after using Burts Bees Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash, anything else that claims to contain mint pales in comparison. I really don't detect any astringent effect when using this shower gel, but because of the color and the fresh, clean, moisturised, fruity effect I get from using the shower gel, I do feel perked up enough for work.

Shower time truly became more enjoyable for me with this, haha. At least there's no more me worrying about my soaps going down the drain. -___- And unlike cheaper shower gels, this does NOT give me a bad skin reaction! Very phobic of those people who would be aghast that I would spend double or triple what they would pay for a shower gel, but they don't know I'll break out in rashes and scratch all night if I use something that's not suitable for my skin.

Not sure of the price, but reckon the 473ml bottle is being sold for about RM20 thereabouts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP