Powered by Blogger.

Body America Body Butter [Vermont Va Va Voom]

 Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spotted "Body America" products when I was in Singapore quite a while back. Though it is pretty pricey (I don't remember the exact price, but it was about RM50, or more!), I was desperate because I didn't bring ANY beauty products along with me and I am really particular about getting moisturised. :) I think I've complained many times about using tub-products (hygiene hygiene hygiene!), but body butters usually come in this type of package. I usually don't like body butters because they are usually too thick and don't sink in quickly, but it's undeniable that they make your skin feel oh~so~soft!


Body America uses 50-styles pin-up girls in all their packaging, and admittedly, I do like this style. :) It's also prevalent in the Filthy Farmgirl soaps that I really like (but never got to buy, geez!). Also, if you are big on organic products, you would love this! It is chock-full of organic ingredients, made with natural extracts from green apples, maple and blueberries (for the Vermont Va Va Voom range), and further enriched with organic aloe vera juice to really help lock in moisture. As with all body butters (that I've encountered so far) it contains shea and cocoa butter as well for long-lasting softness. Body America states that this body butter :
-- is water resistant
-- absorbs quickly, leaving no residue
-- non-greasy, leaving a silky feeling
-- suitable for all skin types!

There are 3 other ranges in the body butter category, and they all sound so yummy! I didn't see all 4 together in Singapore, maybe just one other, and apple scent seemed quite unique, which is why I got Vermont Va Va Voom in the end. The other 3 are:
-- New York Cheesecake With An Edge (vanilla & strawberry)
-- Toast to the Coast (ocean, grapeseed)
-- Southern Belle (peach, mango)


This is how the body butter looks like on the inside - a very, very, very pale green color! And believe me, that is how a half-finished tub looks like, and it took me a great amount of time to even get this far. So far, it's really stretching my dollar, and if you compare it to the Body Shop, it is about the same in terms of price. The formula for Body America is a lot more concentrated (IMHO), so I really need the teensiest amount to feel moisturised. However, (and to me this is a really big drawback) I really disagree that it is non-greasy, or that it absorbs quickly. I really feel the body butter sitting heavily on my skin no matter how much I try to massage the product in. I can actually see a film of oil (?) on the top of my skin and yes it lasts forever!!!!! Ok, at least til I get home from work.

The scent is nothing like fresh, crisp apples - instead, it is really sweet (sickly so!) and NOT fruity in any manner. Like a synthetic version of apples? And it is SUPER STRONG OMG. You can just forget about wearing perfume when you put this body butter on. It's like there will be two scents fighting for attention and you will be gagging in between. Usually when I put this on, I go without perfume and pretend that I'm wearing some version of DKNY's Be Delicious fragrance. -_-"

On the PLUS side, it is really, really long lasting and my skin condition really improves under the care of Body America. I noticed that skin is really softer and more moisturised, even when I am not using it that day. I love how soft my skin is towards the end of the day - when the initial greasiness is not that apparent any more. -_-"

I'm very hesitant to say whether this is a repurchase for me or not. Really, I feel like I've had enough of body butters, but the rest of the Body America items sound so nice. It feels greasy, but hey - at the end of the day it does its job! It smells really weird - but maybe the others smell better? I guess I MIGHT repurchase it if the other ranges catch my eye (or nose!), too bad they don't have samplers when I was in Singapore...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP