Powered by Blogger.

Friday Cheapies : Johnson & Johnson Oxygen Fresh Gel Lotion

 Friday, May 3, 2013

I seem to keep featuring the same brands for Friday Cheapies --- well, what to do? These are the brands that are the most budget-friendly. One item that is a constant in my years growing up is Johnson & Johnson. I was a bit anti-J&J for a bit because they went a wee bit overboard with online advertising at one point. It was so annoying to read people suddenly claim to use the products, but I am pretty sure they don't use it to completion or never repurchased again because suddenly they don't ever use it again. After the hype has died down, only then did I decide to get the "latest" item in Johnson & Johnson skincare range - the blue-colored "Oxygen Fresh" gel lotion. [You can read about the other items in my posts over here!]


I'm currently using this as my go-to night-time moisturiser (I will blog about my day-time moisturiser soon!). My criteria for night-time moisturiser is usually something cheap and doesn't smell too strongly. If it's one of those that have some kind of calming scent, all the better! Though "Oxygen Fresh" doesn't exactly fit the bill, I find it quite suitable for night time use. It absorbs SUPER quickly, so even if I'm lazy and only remember to put on the moisturiser RIGHT before bed, I know that it'll dry off quickly and not stick to the sheets. It leaves a very clean scent... nothing offensive, but nothing super memorable. I'm kind of struggling to describe it, because it's neither floral nor grassy or anything you can classify in a perfume. Maybe... it's supposed to smell like oxygen.... wtf.

A lot of people are raving about how it makes their skin extra soft and smooth with this product.... to me it's decent, but I'm not going to say it's extra super soft and nice. You should check out my day time moisturiser for that! But it's good enough to protect me from the air-conditioning in the room at night, doesn't dry my skin out badly. There's no "oily" feeling left on the skin as well, so that's really good. Skin really feels comfortable and "breathable", sometimes it just makes me feel like I'm having a good skin day, except when I smell a little bit closer and can detect that clean-scent-that-I-just-can't-place smell...

Johnson & Johnson also claims that this gel lotion has been infused with ocean minerals and coraline extracts to help skin cells absorb oxygen and help revitalize skin. It also contains aqua moisture essences for long lasting hydration. I don't know about helping my skin to absorb more oxygen, but skin definitely does feel hydrated!


The gel lotion is lightest shade of baby blue, and is probably my biggest pet peeve about this product. It is soooooooo watery. ~_~ I really do prefer cream based moisturisers, it's so watery that it feels a bit weird spreading it on. It feels slimy.... thank goodness that it absorbs so quickly, so I don't have to deal with the slimy feeling for long. But seriously... *brrRRrrr* Very geli lah. And you know, usually I'm quite "indulgent" when I use my moisturisers. I use one full pump of a moisturiser PER LIMB. Because of how slimy this is, I use one full pump for TWO limbs. You might see this as a "pro" - feeling good while using less. For me, it's more like I cannot bear to use more, because it's really too slimey! I just cannot bear it, and it feels sooooo cold against my skin. I'm super scared of cold things, haha. Probably good for those who like things like that though!

For a 400ml bottle, it costs about RM12, and Johnson & Johnson always has promotions in Guardian / Watson, you might be able to score an even better deal. Happy Budget Shopping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP