Powered by Blogger.

Pure Beauty Pomegranate Antioxidant 2-In-1 Foam Cleanser

 Saturday, May 25, 2013

So I got this boxset almost a year ago, and I'm finally using the contents! Of course, I've been using the Pure Beauty Pomegranate Antioxidant 2-In-1 Foam Cleanser  for some weeks now, cos I don't believe in washing my face with something 2 times and then writing a review about it. ^^ Honestly, I want to say that I had many, many weeks of GOOD skin condition, and I really believe it's because I started using the Pure Beauty foam cleanser & toner (to be reviewed later) at the same time. Not to say that my previous Cellnique skin wash was bad, but I think my skin constantly needs a swap of cleansers, etc purely because I believe that it actually builds an immune system against a good cleanser. -___- Maybe this is all psychological, but it's what I believe anyway!

So this is the 2-In-1 foam cleanser, 100ml. Got mine free (but this is no paid review, it's a contest winning!), but a 125ml tube costs RM21.90 at Watsons.


I quite like the sleek design of the tube. The shiny red cap definitely adds a touch of glamour to the overall "clean" look of the packaging. Also to remind us that it contains POMEGRANATE extracts? It's a bit annoying though because I have to twist open the cap to squeeze out the contents. No biggie lah, but not as convenient as a direct pump or flip top, of course. Luckily, the cap can be removed with a single twist, not as bad as those really screwed on tops that you have to keep turning and turning and turning...

Anyway, it looks good in my bathroom, hehe. 


This is how the cleanser looks like - simple, white, thick cream based cleanser. Can get a good lather, though not very thick - it is very bubbly in the end! Skin feels really nice, soft, DEEP CLEANSED and refreshed after using it! To me, the scent is quite typical of cleansers --- but if I breathe in deeply, I think I can smell something like WINE. :O Red wine, to be exact! I've grown to like it though, so, again, no biggie.

Though there are no exfoliating beads or anything, it still gives me a really "clean" feeling with no weird residue at the end. Some reviewers claim that it made their skin feel "tighter" (in a bad way) after using it, but I didn't encounter such things...

Anyway, after weeks of good skin.... I finally got a pimple! (Talking like it's such a wonderful, eventful thing), so I decided that this was THE perfect time to use the "second" part of this 2-in-1 foam cleanser. So, the first part of this foam cleanser is obviously, as a foam cleanser. The second part is... as a mask! Instead of wetting your face and cleansing your face like normal, what you do is apply the foam cleanser DIRECTLY onto a dry visage. Leave it on for about 5 minutes before rinsing off as normal.

Personally, I don't like to use it this way because I need to squeeze out 3 times as much cleanser. It feels so wasteful!


After 5 minutes, when you use warm water to wash away the mask, it will feel like you are washing your skin as normal. :) Of course, it will be much bubblier since there's more foam cleanser! =D It feels good, but I don't think it's super effective as a mask. My pimple seems to have ripened more under the ministrations of this mask, which my husband says it's a good thing because he's itching to pop it. -___- My skin did feel EXTRA soft and moisturised after that though! Really loving my skin condition these days - minus the new friend on my forehead... -___-

Wondering how pomegranate extracts are beneficial to your skin? Pomegranates are rated as one of the fruits with the most amount of antioxidants. It is also anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-aging, so it's starting to be incorporated into a lot of other skincare products, including Murad. It's also been proven to show that it helps the production of collagen, which we all know is vital in maintaining a YOUTHFUL appearance. It also provides protection from the sun while reducing the signs of sun damage, such as wrinkles and hyperpigmentation.

Pomegranate extracts bring benefits to BOTH dry skin and also oily skin, so I think it's safe to say that this product will be suitable for all skin types!

As for repurchasing.... I'm actually leaning towards a yes! I think it works, it smells nice (to me) and it looks nice too. So unexpected for a "drugstore" grown brand, huh? Personally, RM21.90 is a bit expensive (I think I can get cheaper face washes!), but there's always promotions for Pure Beauty in Watsons, so I reckon I could get a discount!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP