Powered by Blogger.

Pure Beauty Pomegranate Antioxidant Toner

 Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Just after I posted about how good the Pure Beauty 2-In-1 Foam Cleanser is, I seem to be kicking myself in the nuts because I now have TWO major pimples on my face. -____- One on my forehead and one on my cheek. -___- I am hoping it's just something hormonal and not because of my new favorite cleanser (and toner) and I'm still religiously using Pure Beauty (well... at least til the tube finishes!). The accompaniment to my 2-In-1 Foam Cleanser would, of course, be the Pure Beauty Pomegranate Antioxidant Toner.


As previously mentioned, I won the Pure Beauty giftset, but apparently it's super affordable at only RM30 for an RM170ml bottle. Yes, that's the full size bottle you see in my hand right there. =) As with the 2-In-1 Foam Cleanser, I find that the packaging is really nice and striking. Love the red color that they use.

What was strange for me was that this toner is really not like any other toner that I've used before I seem to be encountering stranger and stranger toners, lol. First was my Cellnique Soothing & Hydrating Lotion and now I have this! The top looks like it's going to be a spray type of toner, but in fact it is a PUMP-style toner. And instead of something more liquid, it's got a stickier consistency. It's more water than gel, but it's .... not really water also. Hahaha. The texture is pretty viscose, IMHO.


Still, it is a dream to put on because it absorbs quickly and leaves the skin feeling moisturised, albeit, a little sticky. Again, it's so moisturising that I usually do without any other moisturiser after that because .... I don't feel like I need it! Why should I when my face already feels so moisturised? I am really puzzled how come toner doesn't feel like toner nowadays, hahaha. Like the cleanser, this smells a bit fruity and also a bit like red wine. No issues with the scent at all, I'm starting to find it rather pleasant. 

The toner is more to enhance and amplify the antioxidant effects of pomegranates on your skin. As mentioned in my previous post, pomegranates are mainly used in skincare and beauty products for their anti-aging properties, like reducing the signs of fatigue from your skin, purifying skin and encouraging the production of collagen. 

It's hard for me to even think about a repurchase because now I have three bottles of toner rolling around in my dresser. -___- I use this as a night time moisturiser because the slightly sticky feeling that it leaves behind on my skin makes it unsuitable for me to put make-up on. It's not horribly sticky til I feel disturbed, but still, I prefer using my Hada Labo for a daytime moisturiser. Trying to finish my Neutrogena & Cellnique toners in the day time instead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP