Powered by Blogger.

Lipstick Sundays : Lip Ice Sheer Color Strawberry

 Sunday, May 26, 2013

Whee! I'm finally finishing ANOTHER lippie, hahhaa. I have a friend who uses one lipstick a year (and she's very loyal to that shade the whole year round). For me, I hardly finish anything cos I keep skipping from one color to another. This item has been in my bag for ages, never got around to reviewing it because at one point, a lot of bloggers were all about Lip Ice. Let the hype die down a bit before I post my own review. ^^

I bought this lip balm for its "color changing" properties. Straight out from the tube, it looks like it's just a simple no-color lip balm. However, when it hits your lips, it turns to a pinkish color. Advertising shows that it becomes a "sheer pink color" but I find it pretty BRIGHT and JUICY. This is why I don't use it that often - cos I find it too youthful for me. However, I still go to it because I find it super moisturising! Seriously, it makes my lips feel super soft and kissable - no wonder that Lip Ice says it is the #1 lip balm in Malaysia.


This is how much lipbalm I have left --- yes, it is FULLY extended already, hehe. *proud of myself for being consistent*
 

You can see how my bare lips look like in the previous post - this is how it looks like with just Lip Ice on. Yup, it looks plain color, but it really gives my lips a juicy bright pink shine.  I have super dry lips, so up close you can see it's still pretty dry lah, but at least it gives a shiny appearance that can cheat people from afar. Besides, I believe that the more I use this product, the more it helps to moisturise my lips. Maybe, it won't be so dry with continued use... *hopeful*


Aside from using it on its own, I also like to use it on top of less-moisturising products. For example, today I used the Jelly Pong Pong Supermodel Stain in Nymphette. It usually gives a  light stain, but it's not moisturising at ALL. This is a picture of my lips with just the Nymphette on my lips. You can see that it doesn't look moisturised or shiny at all :


And this is how it looks like with just a layer of Lip Ice on top. Super makes a difference, right?!


Online shows it costs RM14.90, but I believe you can get it cheaper from Watsons / Guardian cos I ALWAYSSSSSS see discounts for Lip Ice in the pharmacy. I'm really tempted to get another Lip Ice after I finish this one, but maybe not a color-changing one because I find the results rather unstable. Like, you can see how dark it looks like on my lips right? But the image below is what packaging says my lips will look like. Not a match at all, lol.


Oh, there's also a fake-y strawberry scent to the lip balm, I didn't like it at all initially. However, kinda used to it now. Either that, or it's fading away. The gentle beeswax formulation gives long lasting hydration and is suitable even for sensitive lips. It's also thanks to shea butter, macadamia nut oil, jojoba oil, ternifolia nut oil, and aloe vera oil extract that lips stay moisturized, smooth & healthy. Finally, vitamin E helps to soothe and protect lips from the harmful environment. All in all, I find it a really good product, just that the sheer color-changing version is not suitable for me. It's definitely interesting though, and I think that the color-changing differs from person to person (does it change based on body heat? Lol! Kinda reminds me of mood-lipsticks). Maybe it would look really good on you? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP