Powered by Blogger.

Cellnique Soothing & Hydrating Lotion

 Saturday, May 11, 2013

A follow-up to my Seaweed Cleansing Gel review - this is the Cellnique Soothing & Hydrating Lotion with Ginger Root extract! I like to use facial cleansers, toners and moisturisers of the same brand to see if it really does improve my skin, compared to if I mix brands. After a while, it became an issue of being very anal to have everything all lined up accordingly. Generally, my facial cleansers finish first, which explains why my seaweed cleansing gel is long gone, but I have about 75% of my soothing & hydrating lotion left over. T_T

As mentioned before, I bought both the seaweed cleansing gel and the soothing & hydrating lotion together in a set. Retail price is RM79 for a 200ml bottle. The soothing & hydrating lotion is a unique complex lotion containing 14 types of plant extracts to calm sensitive-prone skin. It helps refresh tired skin and replensih skin moisture. The lotion is suitable for all skin types. FYI, it *is* a toner even though it doesn't mention "toner" in its name. Based on just the name alone, you would think it's a moisturiser right? In fact, the facial consultant at Lissage De Beaute told me the effects of this toner is more like a moisturiser, hence I agreed to buy the set. I generally don't think that toners are of much use... However, if you search on the Cellnique official website, it is definitely labelled under "Toner" and not "Moisturiser".


As you can see from the above, it comes in a similar bottle to the seaweed cleansing gel, but with a spray top instead of a flip top. I quite like it this way, it is so refreshing to spray it on your face! If you go overboard, you can just lightly tap your fingers against your face to help pat in the essence. The lotion also smells extremely refreshing, what with the ginger root extract. It really helps to awaken the senses! And yes, though it's called "lotion", it's got the consistency of water, so it will definitely spritz out properly on your face.

Unlike other toners, it doesn't have the "stinging" feeling on your face, which some brands claim is the product tightening up your pores. Er, no, that's just high alcohol content and is really not suitable for sensitive skin. Instead, the Cellnique toner just helps prevent skin dryness, soothes and calms skin and evens skin tone. No burning feeling! After using this, I usually do not bother to put any extra moisturisers because my skin already feels moisturised. If you prefer something heavier, you might not like this it is a really, really light moisturiser. If you have really dry skin, you might want to go heavy duty. Else you will find yourself constantly spraying your face. Hehe!

The main active ingredients are:

Plant Extracts
Includes Witch hazel, Arnica, Calendula, Lemon, Ginger, Burdock, Rosemary, Ivy, Pine, Safflower, Watercress, Matricaria, White nettle and Capucine. All known to heal and prevent dry skin, treat skin conditions such as acne and eczema, and slow the aging process.

Ginger Root Extract
The use of ginger on the skin can increase skin’s radiance and decrease inflammation that may contribute to acne and psoriasis. Ginger is an antioxidant, not only does it fights skin-damaging free radicals, but also promotes smoothness and evenness in skin tone.

Witch Hazel Extract 
A plant extract with toning and astringent properties. It also helps promote healing, reduce inflammation and has anti irritant properties.
[ Source : Cellnique ]

Overall, quite happy with my purchase, but takes a long time to finish! Cannot even *think* about repurchasing because this is the 2nd bottle of unfinished "toner" in my dresser.... and I just opened another bottle because I am now using another facial cleanser (I told you my seaweed cleansing gel is long gone..!). In fact, I might be reviewing yet another toner soon...!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP