Powered by Blogger.

Cellnique Seaweed Cleansing Gel

 Friday, April 19, 2013

Kept my promise of updating, and here I am again! ^^ Think I mentioned before that I bought a skincare set from my facial center because I wanted to enter some Cellnique contest? Evidently I didn't win (sob!), but I really did fall in love with the products that they used on me during my facial, so no regrets purchasing the skincare set. FYI, not all products that they use during a facial is available for purchase. Out of all the items that they *say* that they use on me, only the cleansers, vital repairing milk and the sunblock are available for purchase for personal use (apologies if I left out anything extra! Memory is a bit fuzzy). My favorite - their masks - are only for the facial centers to use!

This is ONE of the cleansers they use on me during the early bits of the facial, and it's called the Cellnique Seaweed Cleansing Gel. It is retailing for RM109 per bottle (200ml), but since I bought in a set (together with a toner + 5 pc mask), it was slightly cheaper la. As I've mentioned before, Cellnique prides itself on being a paramedical skincare range. This means that the use is not only for superficial cleansing, but they hope to remedy root causes of skincare problems.

By the way, I'm not sure if this cleansing gel is suitable for all skintypes. Mine is a combination of normal / oily at T-zone and this was what was recommended for me. =) It is supposed to help replenish hydration, soothe skin with its anti-irritation properties and as skin protection.


The bottle is very steady and solid... in fact, it's so steady and solid that when first using, it's very hard to "squeeze" out the cleansing gel! In a way, it's also good because being so hard to squeeze, the perfect dollop size of cleansing gel comes out (it's a really light green in color, see-thru, no exfoliating beads, gel-type of er... cleansing gel!) comes out each time, just enough to clean ones face! I can also guarantee 100% that this 200ml bottle will last you a long time. I started using this early January ... and it's now April... and it still hasn't finished! So RM109 is going to go the mile for you. 


As you can see from the bottle, it states that it contains algae & pennywort extracts. It also contains cucumber extracts, and all this serves to remove pore clogging debris and impurities without over drying. Leaves skin feeling super clean, smooth and refreshed! I definitely agree with the super clean and refreshed feeling! And yes, even without moisturiser, my face feels moisturised. But me being me, have to put some moisturiser anyway lah (this is after my "lazy hormonal period"... back to business! Bring on the face creams!).


Maybe I should tell you WHY I liked it so much when they used this on me during the facial. Well, it smells SUPER FRESH and invigorating. I really didn't know it was "seaweed" cleansing gel they were using... cos .. seaweed brings to mind something slimy and smelly. When they told me what they were using, I was like, WHAT? Did it have to be seaweed? I thought it's mint or something! It feels so tingly against my skin. Sadly, though the refreshing smell is really there when I use it by myself, the tingly sensation is just not the same as in the facial parlor. It seems like they had turned the gel to something really bubbly, and that bubble-popping kind of sensation was what I felt during the facial, and that was the huge turn on, LOL. I tried to replicate it by foaming up the gel cleanser during each face wash, but it turns into a thick foam instead. No big bubbles! No bubble popping feelin'!

I also found out that they do advise you to lather up the gel a bit before you use directly on your DAMPENED skin. If you don't, you might feel your skin get a bit taut / tight. Actually, I don't know anyone that actually applies cleansers directly onto dry skin, so erm... I guess it's common sense? But yeah, I noticed that I do get a nicer feeling if I lather up the cleansing gel first instead of putting it directly on! 

So what are the benefits of algae, pennywort and and cucumber?
ALGAE : algae is touted as the new miracle ingredient thanks to its ability to hydrate skin by improving the skin's barrier and ability to retain water. It is also rich in minerals, vitamins and amino acids, which helps to nourish and purify skin.

PENNYWORT : Has bioactive ingredients that can help with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and moisturising activity for the skin. Pennywort could be used to:

  • Support blood vessel disorders in the skin;
  • Control cellulite marks;
  • Complement anti-stretch treatments;
  • Help to tone and firm skin

    CUCUMBER : Cucumber Extract is known for its antioxidant and natural moisturizing properties. It manages to reduce skin irritation, shield the skin from pollution due to freely suspended particles in the air, and acts wonderfully as natural skin emollient, making skin smooth and shiny.

  • Hope this helps you decide whether you really need to use this cleansing gel. I'm not sure where else you can get it, but I got it from Lissage De Beauty in SS 15, which stocks a lot of other Cellnique products as well. As for me, I might probably get another Cellnique cleanser just to try, but who knows, it is a product worth returning to. Maybe if they have another contest promotion. =p

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

    Back to TOP