Powered by Blogger.

Lipstick Sundays : Cherimoya Lipstick in Her Majesty

 Sunday, April 28, 2013

Got the "Her Majesty" lip shade from Cherimoya last time I bought a bunch of makeup from Nyx. It was super cheap, like less than RM10, and I just thought "why not?" If it sucks, it would not have been that bad of a mistake, and if it turned out good, it would be another alternative to Nyx lipsticks. I chose "Her Majesty" because it was a bright and shimmery, I thought it would be a fun weekend color. Not like the muted apricots, peach and pink-reds that I usually wear to work. This is the swatch from the website :


The packaging is a bit ho-hum, but really, what do you expect from a lipstick that could cost less than my average lunch during the work week? =p The tube is just a simple black matte plastic with some slight curves. The brand is stamped in with slightly raised letters... all in all, pretty low-key.



I was pretty surprised with how BRIGHT the shade is right off the tube. And SUPER DUPER SHIMMERY. Honestly, this is not a plus for me. Yes, I was looking for something brighter than normal, but it looked a bit too plasticky when applied. It only starts to look better after you've eaten something. Or maybe I'm just getting too old for fun colors. I don't think the name "Her Majesty" suits this kind of shade ... it really should be more regal...! :) Anyway, I wanted a pink shade, so pink was *really* what I got.


So... this is how it looks like on my lips. You see what I mean about the plasticky-ness? It just seems to make my dry lips look dryer!

But one plus point - I do have to say that it was very smooth and creamy, easy to apply! :


I guess I won't be repurchasing Cherimoya stuff after all. It *was* too cheap to be true. Going to have to find ways to make this lipstick werk though... maybe apply a gloss on top? Spam loads of lip balm before applying it... ?













0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP