Powered by Blogger.

Monday Masks : Watsons Anti-Aging Facial Mask with Lycopene Extract

 Monday, April 29, 2013

Kickstarted my Monday Masks again because I'm once more undergoing weekly masks sessions after my period of lazing around. ^^ I have to say, my skin thanks me for it. My colleagues say that I look more energetic now and actually --- I do feel more energetic as well! Anyway, this here is one of my drugstore purchases --- a mask from Watsons! They frequently have promotions on their in-store brands, so do be on a lookout for them. When they are on discounts, you can get 2 for RM5 or thereabouts. I find that quite worth it, don't you think?

So the next question would be - are they even worth your RM2.50? :) Today I will be reviewing the anti-aging facial mask. Well, obviously with most anti-aging products, I wouldn't expect instantaneous results. And from the packaging, you can probably guess that the lycopene extract is something found in tomatoes! Sadly, the mask doesn't smell like tomatoes, or anything fruity / veg-like. It just smells like normal facial cleanser.. something inoffensive, but rather clinical.


So what is it about lycopene that has made it such a buzz word in the beauty industry? Well, it's apparently suitable to be used on all skintypes, and though most websites recommend you to eat lycopene-rich products (tomatoes, watermelons),  topical application of lycopene extracts has benefits too. "It is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that helps protect skin from environmental agents that can contribute to clogged pores and breakouts."- source [here

There's also gentle lightening effects from using lycopene products, which helps sun-damaged skin and even excessive pigmentation. Anti-aging properties include helping to prevent the breakdown of collagen, which is one of the main causes of wrinkles. 


As you can see from the above, very unattractive picture, the sheet mask is pretty thick, and really soaked with the essence. It's not exactly a good fit, but somehow, it still felt like much of my face got a good dosage from the mask. I guess I can attribute it to being super drippy, so everything just slid around and mixed with each other. After leaving it on for 30 minutes, you need not rinse (but I always do, just that I don't rinse SUPER thoroughly), but can massage the rest of the essence into your face.

Obviously, no amaaaazing immediate anti-aging results, but I did feel that the skin was more moisturised. Watsons recommends using it 2-3 times a week. Would I repurchase it? Why not, it is a cheap and cheerful way to pamper my skin every now and then. But would only repurchase when there's a sale. :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP