Powered by Blogger.

Karma Soap from Lush

 Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hello! Tried to update this yesterday, but Blogger was behaving wonkily. I only have a certain slot in my daily schedule to update, and if Blogger misbehaves.... well! There goes the opportunity! A pity, because I had the pictures all ready for uploading. Not like there's many pictures for this entry, hehe.

Lush is supposedly known as "that crazy soap company", but most of the time I'm not raving about their soaps. I guess I'm just so used to shower gels, and I really don't like using a soap dish. It seems like the best place for dirt to pile up. However, in my last trip to Singapore, I couldn't resist that HUGE table piled up with soap in the Lush store, and kept trying to find something that sounds nice, smells nice and that I've not tried before. I was once recommended "Karma" soap when I was in London, but it smelled too "oriental" to me. I don't know why, when I was in SG, I quite liked it! They don't have Karma shower gels, so I decided to treat myself to a slice of Karma. At nearly SGD20 for 150g, it's super pricy, but I was drawn in to the perfume emanating from the soap...


Sorry for the bad picture --- I should have taken a pic of the soap agaist a white background instead of my bright pink soap dish! Sadly, this is the only picture I have! It's a rather see-through soap in an orange-amber color. The creator says that he tried to create bottle the atmosphere of Kensington Market in the 60s in the Karma scent. I have no idea what that is, but it's one of Lush's signature scents. You can find Karma perfume, bath melts, solid shampoo bars and hand & body lotion.

The soap contains patchouli oil, lemongrass oil and sweet orange oil, that gives the earthy base scent a rather refreshing & tangy taste as well. I find it rather invigorating, though I do think that in heavier doses, it will start smelling like incense. The soap also tends to get clearer and clearer with each wash, and be careful not to rub the wet soap against anything.... it STAINS! At the moment, the bottom of my Cellnique face wash is tinged orange because flotsam from this soap somehow landed on it. -_-"

Which brings me to a point of contention with me about this soap --- IT MELTS SO EASILY! Seriously, I think this bar was gone in 2-3 weeks. Most unsatisfying. And it is really hard to dry. Instead, if the soap is the slightest bit wet, it seems to continue melting and melting away at the soap dish until there is a layer of scum. Ugh! Such a waste.

But still, when the soap is behaving itself, it is sooooo nice in the shower. The smell of Karma in the shower is like an aromatherapy session, and the scent really lingers for a long time on your skin! As I said, it smells invigorating (to me), and at the same time, towards the end of the day, it smells more homey, more warm and cosy. Seriously a good scent, but too bad it comes in a form that disperses so quickly! It's literally watching my money go down the drain. At those prices, I expected it to last me nearer to 2 months than a month!

It is definitely NOT a repurchase for me, sad to say. However, will check out the other Karma-fragranced stuff. I think the body lotion would be a great purchase in the future. And honestly, I find my other Lush soaps lasting longer. This one just seems like the odd one out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP