Powered by Blogger.

Irish Spring Shower Scrub

 Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hello! I'm back! I've been very, very lazy these couple of months, but I kind of have a good reason! With my current condition, I don't think I make for a very good beauty reviewer. First of all, I'm feeling all kinds of fatigue, and it shows. I think if I piled on make-up on a fatigued face, it would still show, so might as well not scare my readers. My nose is also ultra sensitive, so something that might smell good to normal humans just smells really OTT to me. Case in point - my husband's perfume. When he first bought it, I really adored the smell. Now, whenever he sprays it on when he goes to the office, I feel like hurling. It's really bad! For myself, I'm sticking to my Estee Lauder Green Tea Lavender. To me, it's the mildest-yet-nicest-and-can-get-quite-good-mileage perfume that I have. It's my go-to and it's finishing fast.

Whoever wrote that when you have a condition like mine, you rather forgo the 5 minutes of applying moisturiser for another 5 minutes in bed --- you are spot on. I haven't used moisturisers since January. Thankfully, after years and years of patient servicing, my skin is still in an alright condition.

When I went for my last facial a few weeks ago, the skin care consultant was appalled. She was a professional though --- she never used it as a tactic for a hard sell. Maybe cos once upon a time, I didn't renew my package, and I still wound up going to them ON MY OWN to renew it at a later date. So maybe she thinks that I'll be back again. Probably not, cos I've mentioned before that the old place I used to go to was SS15 in Subang, and I don't stay there anymore. :)

Anyway, I'm feeling loads better, so to keep myself busy (still busy working - I don't know how I get through each day, seriously! - and being a wife --- my husband doesn't let me off ALL the chores...), I have been trying to pick up new hobbies. One of them is learning a new language, and I will probably tell you what it is after I've finished the beginner's stage. After thinking for a bit, I decided I really liked my beauty blog, so I decided to revive it. Also, I kind of re-started my skincare regime, so hopefully I will have lots to blog about. At the moment, I have tonnes of backlog, so no worries. :)

* * * * * * * 

Well, that's enough about me and my situation. This will be a short and sweet review of the Irish Spring Shower Scrub [Clean Scrub] that I got when I was in Thailand last year. Actually, my husband spotted in on the shelves of Gourmet Market, and said it looked nice. It was totally sealed up, so we couldn't try a test sniff, but it looked very welcoming. I'm so sorry, I forgot how much it cost, but probably somewhere around RM15-RM20 for 443ml? I don't think you can get it in Malaysia though.



Anyway, I thought that he would be the one using it, as he picked it out. Indeed, some time around January, he ran out of shower gel and asked me to get the Irish Spring out. After one measley use, he decided HE DIDN'T WANT TO USE IT ANYMORE. WTF!! @#$%^& Some people think that I'm very spendthrift because I "care to spend on toiletries", but I've never ever NOT finished my products. And by the way, I'm very proud of the fact that I try to use at least half of whatever I am using before I review it. I don't really care about being the first to update, so might as well make sure I really like something before I endorse it. Since he refused to use it anymore, I decided to use it even though the tagline says, "Smell like a real man". WTF.

It took me about 2 months to finish the entire bottle, so I guess it's quite a good deal for the price (considering), I had to adverse skin reactions to it, and the "8 hour scent system" is quite accurate. You don't smell as ripe at the end of the work day, and if you press your nose right against your skin and take a deeppppppp breath, you can still catch a whiff of that super clean scent. The bad part? Well, I don't know if it's because of my nose sensitivity or what... but that "super clean scent" is REALLY strong in the shower. And it smells like... DETERGENT. Yes, imagine spreading your laundry detergent all over yourself. IT IS NOT PLEASANT IN THE LEAST. At the same time, it is a scrub, so there are some exfoliating bits inside, and they are really big and rough. Thankfully, they melt quite fast in the shower to something more tolerable.

But please lah, the first few moments feel like it is trying to scrub my skin raw.

Then again, this shower scrub is really not marketed towards us women, with our much softer skin. And probably men are so smelly that they really need the laundry detergent powers of Irish Spring to make them moderately presentable. Yet, my husband hates it too, though he didn't whine as much as I did about the smell and the exfoliating beads. Heh.

All in all --- please avoid at all costs, unless you are a guy. With very rough skin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP