Powered by Blogger.

Yuberactive Review : Rimmel Glam Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara

 Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thanks to Yuberactive, I have the opportunity to review Rimmel's Day 2 Night mascara with 2-in-1 magic cap! It's truly a unique mascara, I've never seen anything like it on the market!

The packaging looks pretty normal - in fact, one might just brush it off with a ho-hum - what's so special about this black & pink tube of mascara? But then check it out...

Oh my God! Bet you didn't expect that, eh! You have TWO wands within one tube - one for LENGTH and one for VOLUME. The LENGTH wand is to create exceptionally defined and ultra-lengthened lashes - your day look. The VOLUME wand is to thicken lashes with voluptuous, oversized volume. WITHOUT CLUMPING. This will be your "night look". Hence, you will be able to transform from day to night without the messiness of fake eyelashes. To be honest - I've always been looking for a mascara that can give you the "fake eyelash" look. I'm just way too lazy to go through the hassle of gluing stuff on my eyelid. If I can get the same results with two flicks of my mascara wand, all the better right? That's why I get so excited over mascaras that really make a difference.

You can see that the length wand's bristles are further apart and generally less mascara is on the brush. The effect for the length is not that "va-va-voom" when my eyes are open. But when I close my lids, you can see how long my lashes look. To me, not a fan of the length wand, but yes, it is suitable for a day look. There is a subtle difference to the overall look with mascara on, nothing too OTT.


The volume wand looks clumpier and more heavy-duty, but no worries, it doesn't clump on your lashes. I love the volume wand as I think it "opens" my eyes up better than the length wand does. It also doesn't feel super "heavy" as some mascaras tend to feel on my lashes. It is comfortable! I think I'll just forgo the length wand and stick to the volume wand from now onwards, hehehe.

All in all, I find this mascara SUPER worth it, considering it is only about RM40 in your local drugstores (do correct me if I'm wrong), and you get to play with TWO different looks. Maybe you would find the length wand more useful than I did (I have really short lashes, I need all the help I can get). The only complaints that I have is that it doesn't dry fast enough (I have a photo of me with a blotch of mascara on my eyebag... :P) and that it is not waterproof...

So don't go and wear this when you plan on watching a tearjerker. Otherwise, have fun! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP