Powered by Blogger.

The Nature Lab Oxygen Shield Bubble Mask

 Monday, January 23, 2012

I usually try not to blog about masks too many days in a row because I like to have a bit more variety in my posts. However, The Nature Lab's Oxygen Shield Bubble Mask is really like no other typical paper masks on the market!

It is pretty pricey.. I think between RM40-RM50 for a 50ml bottle. So what exactly is an oxygen mask? According to The Nature Lab - "Our body cells need oxygen to survive. Our skin cells are no exception. With aging, skin loses its ability to retain and utilize oxygen for repairing, regeneration and reproduction. If our skin fails to receive enough oxygen, it will appear dull and age prematurely.

Adequate amounts of oxygen speeds up the shedding of old skin cells and aid skin cell rejuvenation giving a youthful effect."

It also further states the 8 benefits in 1 action that you can get using their product:
a. Cleansing
b. Detoxifying
c. Exfoliating
d. Replenish Oxygen
e. Apply mask (lol, is this called a "benefit"?)
f. Hydrate
g. Tone skin
h. Provide Vitamins

The "oxygen mask" is in fact a clear, gel-like substance that you rub evenly all over your DRY face. After a few seconds, you will see bubbles starting to form over your skin. Massage the gel & the bubbles into your skin and wait for another 10-15 seconds for the skin to absorb. Wet your hands slightly and then massage your face again. After another 5-10 seconds, wash everything off. Yes, it sounds a bit tedious- massage, wash, massage, wait. But if you count properly, everything can be done in less than a 30 seconds!

You have to be sure not to leave the mask on TOO long though. The first time I read the instructions, I remembered it wrongly and left it on my skin for 10-15 MINUTES. I tell you, you will get a stinging sensation on your skin, and when things hurt, you know it can't be right! Thankfuly, I re-read again for the second set of instructions, but by then the damage had been done - my skin was left slightly red!

The gel has a slightly refreshing smell - very slight, so it is a joy to use. I don't use it daily, and I don't recommend you to either as things that claim to be exfoliating but does not contain exfoliating beads usually mean they contain AHA/BHA. I only use it once or twice a week, especially on days when I feel like I had more make-up on my face than usual. It really leaves my skin feeling more refreshed and clean!

I don't know the science behind how this product actually helps my skin absorb oxygen better, or detoxifies my skin. All I know is that it feels REALLY good after this mask, and I would seriously consider buying this again the next time I go down to Sg! Simple to use, and effective. What's not to like!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP