Powered by Blogger.

Lush Miranda Soap

 Sunday, January 15, 2012

I had wanted to try the Miranda soap ever since I saw the lovely pictures of it on the Lush website. It also fits my favorite types of soap - refreshing, fruity and it looks really pretty! :) This was one of the 3 soaps when I bought in Hong Kong. However, kinda regret buying it --- could've used the luggage space for another soap. :(


This is how it looks like from the website. It further attracted me with statements like : "If you’re the fruity sort, then this is the soap for you! Blended into our Miranda soap are whole fresh kiwi fruits, with exotic fruit and flower essential oils; so you, you, you, you, you, you'll like this very much!

This soap was inspired by Carmen Miranda, who used to have a huge hat of fruit. Our soap used to look like that too, but these days we’ve reshaped it and hidden the fruit-shaped pieces inside. First we make two bananas, two oranges and six cherries out of soap – then we hide them inside the block. Keep an eye, eye, eye, eye, eye out to see which ones end up in your slice! "



Anddddd... this is how it looks like on my soap plate :


It's like a super far cry from the first picture, right? It also doesn't smell as fruity as I thought it would be. Maybe it was more concentrated when I bought it at the Lush store, but it couldn't make it by its lonesome self. I don't know why my Honey, I Washed the Kids soap had such a strong, lasting scent, but this one just pales in comparison.



Visually, I like the little "cubes" of what is supposed to be fruit in the soap, but it is not as aesthetically pleasing as the first picture. By the way, it doesn't play any special part - it's just lighter colored cubes. :(



In the shower, you can get a light, fresh scent that can be rather refreshing. It tends to leave the skin feeling a bit TOO squeaky clean - the type people say you get when you've stripped off all natural oils on your skin. Personally - I like that feeling on my face, but not over my whole body. And just like my Honey, I Washed the Kids soap, it finishes very quickly. Lush soaps don't last long - 1 month tops, and that's only using it once a day (for morning shower).



Can't smell any kiwi scent at all, or any specific fruit, to be honest. A definite NO for a repurchase. There's many other nice Lush soaps that I would rather try.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP