Powered by Blogger.

L'Occitane Magnolia Bath & Shower Gel

 Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ben bought this bath & shower gel agessss ago for my birthday. It came in a L'Occitane gift box that also contained perfume, solid perfume, a lipbalm and this magnolia bath & shower gel. I liked it so much that I even still keep the BOX it all came in. :) However, as you can see from the above picture, a lot of it is left unused. This is not because I hate it, but because I kept telling myself to only use this for "special occasions". Hence... I wind up not using it very often. Since it came in a set, I always told myself that I should "layer" the scents, ie: use the shower gel, use the perfume. Even for the perfume I only use it for "special occasions"! I still have the full bottle! :D

As you can see from the picture above, the shower gel does not contain any exfoliating beads nor any special cleaning prowess. The main attracting factor of this shower gel is the heady, heavy, magnolia scent.

Some people say that magnolias smell like lemons, but I do not find that true at all! The shower gels smells like a very exotic kind of honey. Maybe honey mixed in with some kind of spices? It gently cleanses the skin, but really the magnolia scent really lingers. The bottle also claims that it can be used as a bath foam - poured into the tub, it can create a thick, rich foam that would be wonderful to luxuriate in.

The first time I used it, I wasn't used to the magnolia smell, as I find it more suitable for "mature" crowds. However, it's definitely starting to grow onto me. I associate this scent with posh people! :)



However, if asked if I would buy it again --- probably not. As I like my shower gels to behave more like cleaning agents and not as a fragrance. However, I've gotten a good impression of both L'Occitane and magnolias in general. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP