Powered by Blogger.

Beauty Mama

 Friday, November 1, 2013

Hello! I haven't been updating much but with really good reason! I gave birth on the 20th of September, proceeded to do my confinement for a month at my in-laws and only came back to my own place 2 weeks ago. Things were more hectic than I expected, I have to admit I was just way too naive... a lot of things just didn't go as I planned, from my labor to my confinement... things have been hard and I just got into a working rhythm.

Pregnancy was a breeze for me, but bringing up a baby is totally a different ballgame. I barely had time to wash my face during confinement, what more to put masks, moisturisers, etc. In fact, I can even count the number of times I showered on one hand! Itwas really hard for a clean freak like me to take...

Now that I've completed the mandatory 28 days, I shower twice a day but gone are the days of long, luxurious hot showers. I think I bathe in 5 minutes flat! I don't moisturise my body or even my face -- at first its because I didn't want to confuse the baby. Now, I worry about her ingesting something coz she sucks on random spots of my arm. Once, she even sucked on my chin! Don't ask! I also don't want to rub off some cream on her delicate baby skin. Same goes for make up, I guess. Not that it matters coz I've not gone "out" for sooooo long. The pediatrician's and gynae office doesn't count.

Does this mean I'm abandoning this site? Hellz no! I love beauty products and I'm still a consumer! In fact, online shopping for beauty products is what keeps me sane and brings me some small joys when I've had a rough day with the little one. I still take photos of products I use, but it'll only be later days where I'll be reviewing more stuff. At the moment I've gone back to basics... :) Will try updating more, but bear with me coz my still-bloated face ain't ready for camwhoring....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP