Powered by Blogger.

Elgydium Decay Protection Toothpaste

 Friday, November 15, 2013

Back when I was a young lady travelling the world (ahem!), I was very lucky to have been given the opportunity to work overseas for certain amount of time. When I worked overseas, I was paid in USD and was able to amass quite a bit in a year. Did I invest the money? Did I buy property? No.... I spent it all travelling! Looking back, it might've been foolish, but I never know when I will get the chance to go travelling again. When I'm old and withered? My holiday photographs / camwhoring looking not-that-nice? Anyway, I went to Paris and naturally, before going, I Google-d for interesting pharmaceutical products to buy. Hahaha!

I know right, most people would be Googling for which LV bag they should get. Instead, I was thinking of weird things like this! One of the things people kept recommending was Elgydium toothpaste. When I was in Paris, this was what I bought! In the end, I found out that this brand is sold even in Singapore (you can even find it in Mustafa, hahaha), and I really think it's quite a waste of luggage space. More on that later.


There are actually 3 variants of Elgydium toothpaste :
- whitening
- anti plaque
- decay protection (the one above)

I'm wondering what the difference is between anti plaque and decay protection is, since the website itself states that decay protection is done by preventing plaque. Wtf! Anyway, the toothpaste "contains a unique, second generation fluoride called Fluorinol® that actually remineralises and reinforces your tooth enamel. And it has a special agent called siliglycol that keeps more fluoride on your teeth, even after rinsing - to give you day-long protection against decay." [source : here]

Personally, I think this toothpaste tastes really weird. It leaves me with a funny feeling in my mouth and over all my teeth. It feels like it's adding gunk on top of my teeth, and it really doesn't feel comfortable. So weird flavor, makes you feel like your teeth are in a worse condition and to top it alllllllll off, it doesn't do jack for your breath. No minty feeling whatsoever. And the tube packaging retains its shape no matter how you squeeze it, so you don't really know how much you have left. Sometimes, you don't want to be too creative in your packaging, Elgydium folks.

You know, I bought a LOT of this toothpaste, just coz I thought it was a must-buy and I won't be in Paris so many times. Hence, why I still have this toothpaste til today. I should've stocked up more on Denblan, the TRUE "MUST BUY" TOOTHPASTE WHEN YOU ARE IN PARIS. I will blog about Denblan next time, but keep that brand in your mind! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP