Powered by Blogger.

Bag of Love November Edition - "Go, Girl, Go!"

 Sunday, November 24, 2013


I signed up for a 3-month subscription of Bag Of Love after reading Fiona's sterling reviews of this beauty bag. She hinted that the November bag was something special, so I immediately checked of BOL's Facebook page to get some hints. I immediately signed up when I saw that even the bag for the month of November was going to be from Levi's and not a self-designed bag like the previous months. Not to say that the previous months were ugly, but I have to admit that I'm a brandwhore. Lol! The November edition for this bag gained so much hype that I had friends (who I didn't know was into the whole beauty bag thing) clamoring for it as well. Thanks to Fiona for the heads up, I wouldn't have signed up if not for her! =)

In case you don't know, Bag Of Love differentiates themselves from the other beauty boxes by sending you your surprise samples in a bag (different design each month) instead of in a box. I *thought* they also had more emphasis on make-up products, since they frequently give out make-up brushes, but after receiving the November bag, I think it's kinda more or less the same as other beauty boxes. But I have to admit this November edition is really, really different. Received SOMETHING that I don't think any other beauty box will ever send out. O_O

The November bag is called "Go, Girl, Go!" and is dedicated to the women of today. All products are supposed to help the busy bees, the women who are always on the move as they go through life. When I read the personal message from the founder Mimi, I thought it was really dedicated to me! Lol! So perasan... just because I gave birth recently!

Without further ado... the unveiling!

This is everything that came in the bag. We have a wide range of products to try out, from oral hygiene, hair care, beauty products, perfume and body care! 

Let's start with the bag itself - made from denim and in the style of a small tote, this Levi's denim bag is pretty nifty, but I cannot think what I would really use it for. Nobody carries small bags like this out anymore. At first, I thought it would be PERFECT to carry my make-up to the office (now that I have a baby, I don't think I can do my make-up before leaving the house. I might have to do it in the office after dropping her off at the daycare center). However, the bag doesn't have a zip to close, so thing will easily drop out. I'm wondering if I should sew one on myself! Which would be sacrilege... messing with a Levi's original! 

 This is something that was hyped up on Bag of Love's Facebook page... they hinted that the November bag would have something from Panasonic. Interesting, eh? It turns out to be a vibrating toothbrush - the Panasonic Pocket Doltz Toothbrush, which is battery powered. I don't really like the battery powered part, so I don't think I will end up using this. Original price for this is RM99! Nearly triple the cost of the bag! 

 There are 7 sample sachets (weight not specified) of Clarins Double serum, an anti-aging formula for cell repair and collagen regeneration. The seven sachets are specifically for one week use, and at the end of one week, you can bring back a card to Clarins to receive skin consultation and a 2 piece gift set worth RM60. Wow! I better remember to test this out ASAP. The price for a 30ml bottle of this serum would be RM280.

Not so keen on this, but it is the perfect size to bring along on travels - the Dove Hair Therapy Hair Fall Rescue shampoo (90ml) and conditioner (80ml). The smell of this shampoo and conditioner is really really strong! I'm glad that they really wrapped this up with bubble wrap and plastic to prevent spillage.

 There's a mini spray sample of the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura EDT (100ml goes for RM275), along with a voucher (or advert?) for the Red Door Aura set. I love perfume samples, so I really love the fact that my first Bag of Love bag has one. :)

At first I thought the hand therapy sachet from Crabtree & Evelyn is part of the November bag, but since it's not printed on the card, I think this is my free gift for purchasing a 3 month subscription. I don't have the Crabtree & Evelyn avocado & basil hand cream (though I have a lot of their other hand creams!), so it would be nice to try this.


 This would be the second part of my free gift for signing up for a 3 month subscription - a face primer from Murad. I have never used a face primer  before, so I'm not sure if I want to use this or if I will give this away. 

I can see why a lot of people will be ecstatic over the November bag - it really is worth your money because the contents are well over the cost of the bag itself. However, though I'm impressed with the products curated, I don't find that it really suits me. I don't really like using electric toothbrushes, and I am not really into anti-aging serums (but I'm still gonna be kiasu and use it up to get my 2 pc gift set!). The shampoo is kinda meh for me, coz ---- who hasn't used Dove before? I like the bag, perfume and free gifts though. =)

The December bag for Bag of Love is already fully displayed on their Facebook page, and I have to say that I signed up for a subscription at the perfect time! All the exciting bags are coming my way!

1 comments:

Unknown July 9, 2018 at 10:46 PM  

I loved these products

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP