Powered by Blogger.

Dettol : For Your Trusted Protection

 Sunday, November 3, 2013

At one point in time, there were 3 bottles of different Dettol shower gels in my bathroom. -__- We have one giant bottle of the green shower gel ("original"), which we generally use for "sterilising", one pink 250ml shower gel ("skincare") and one orange Dettol shower gel ("re-energize"). Why so many?! Well, my husband and I are both fans of Dettol - the shower gels are generally cheap and really make you feel squeaky clean. Ever since Dettol started introducing a wider range of variants, it became my personal goal to try out each one, hahaha.

Each variant (that I have tried so far), still has the lingering smell of the familiar original Dettol antiseptic scent, and in terms of texture of the shower gel, all 3 are creamy, but of differing colors. Original is a creamy white/yellow, Skincare is clear, but with a streak of white towards the bottom of the bottle (perhaps I should've shaken the bottle?), while Re-energize is a creamy orange. My husband bought the Original scent, but before using it finish, he cracked open my "Skincare" Dettol in my stash. The feminine pink color made me tease him for using a girl's product, but really, it's all unisex. Why can't guys be interested in "skincare"? Meanwhile, I took the Re-energize range with me when I did my confinement... I reckoned that antiseptic = good for bathing any stitches I got after giving birth.


I have to say, out of the 3 variants, I felt most disappointed with the Re-energize one. I didn't feel re-energized at all using it, and the "Fresh citrus fragrance" that Dettol touts is truly disappointing. It's like expecting freshly squeezed orange juice and being served cordial. The scent really doesn't sit right with me. However, after washing off, you do still feel that Dettol squeaky clean-ness.

The "Skincare" (pink) variant is a pleasant twist from the original, with moisturising lotion included in your shower gel for extra skin-pampering. I have to say that the antiseptic scent from the original is more muted, and your skin does feel softer than when using the original. This one is a repurchase for me, in fact this is the 2nd or 3rd time that I bought the "pink Dettol". :)

There is a total of 8 products in the Dettol shower gel range, and the other 5 are "Active" (dark blue bottle), "Herbal" (another shade of green), "Nature" (white), "Cool" (ice blue) and "Sensitive" (lavender). It's all pretty affordable, less than RM10 for a 250ml bottle. In fact, you can get a 950ml bottle for about RM15 online, so this is really worth your money. :)

Just don't get re-energize. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP