Powered by Blogger.

The Victoria's Secret Lust List 2013

 Monday, November 18, 2013

Coming to the end of the year and I realised that this year, I didn't make any purchases from my fave website. The result of my blossoming body (pregnancy) - VS is really the last place I felt like shopping at when I'm getting fatter. More self-hatred will come when comparing self against VS angels. However, now that I'm losing the weight that I gained (I gained 16+kg during my pregnancy!), and I'm 4kg away from my pre-pregnancy weight, I've started online shopping like mad again.

I've already made pretty huge purchases on two other sites - which I will talk about when my goodies actually arrive. I'm still iffy about things that I want to get from VS. On one hand, they are REALLY, REALLY NICE. On the other hand, if I give in to temptations, I would be spending something like RM2000, hahaha! Ridiculous! Also, I would have to use VPost services to get them to send to Malaysia, and I've not had very good luck with this service. 9 times out of 10, the stuff will be held by customs and now that I'm a mommy, I don't have time to drive off to the airport to claim back what's mine.

Anyway, as always, I like to save the pictures and mull over it for a bit before actually splurging. Plus, some things look nice on the first glance, but after "studying" it, I will feel that it's not suitable for me.

Skirts:

I actually have a black lace high-low skirt from ASOS that I think I could live with - do I really need another lacy black dress skirt? I feel YES because the ASOS high-low skirt is a bit too short, and the lace on this skirt is soooooo much nicer and delicate. Plus, I think it's going for a steal at $19.99! 

Polka-dot pencil skirt with lace hem.... so pin-up style! Wondering if my hips are too wide for a pencil cut now though. :( But this is also on sale - $19.99!!

TOPS 

 The essential shirt in floral print - I think it's suitable for casual weekends and I could even wear it to work. Then again, my workplace is not tooooo formal. ;) 

I usually feel that I'm not suited for peplums, but this one looks kinder and more flattering, with a longer "skirt" and not too wide a flare. On sale too! 

Lace-trim flutter sleeve top in a cheerful neon lime citrus! Notice the lace is the same one as the skirt on top? Another top that I think is suited for work or play. I'm really loving the neon color as well! 

Zip-back full lace top in winter white - I originally wanted it in mint, but they ran out of it! White is pretty nice too... do I want to continue waiting and let it run out as well?? O_O I usually hate exposed zippers, but this top just looks so nice with it. **wondering am I able to zip this top up by myself**

 I love mock turtlenecks - I used to have one from MNG that I wore til there were holes.Originally wanted this one in houndstooth print, but they only have black & white stripe left. I love mock turtlenecks so much that I still want it even though not in the print I originally want.

This long-sleeve Kimono-style top looks prim and proper... if not for the plunging neckline! I think you can tell that I'm a huge fan of all things lacy!

Lace detailing again -- this time on a slinky tee. I like that the lace detailing is thick and not the see-through type. Looks like better quality stuff!

 Slouchy top made a lil bit cuter with the mesh panelling at the shoulders.

I'm kinda torn up over this top. On one hand, my initial thoughts is that it is ugly. But the more I look at it, the more I think it looks unique and classy. Can't make up my mind!


 It's such a romantic top, don't you think? I like the sleeves, it helps cover the arms a bit and makes the top nicer overall. :)

Bold piping on this silk shirt sets it apart from the rest. :)

SWIM

I want to go back swimming in the condo, but I don't think any of my bikinis will look good on me anymore. -___- Well, at the moment at least. I decided to get a one piece, and MOST of the one-piece suits on VS are the MagicSuit range, which is right up my alley --- tuck in all the bits and bobs properly. This is one of the more decent (and cheapest) ones they have. Those which are NOT in the MagicSuit range look more like one-piece suits with 80% cutouts, only suitable for you to lounge by the side of the pool. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP