Powered by Blogger.

My First Best Buy World Haul

 Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I first heard of Best Buy World from fellow beauty bloggers and was really keen in checking them out. Towards the end of my pregnancy, I was so house-bound that I randomly decided to do a haul from the site even though I keep telling myself to lay off buying make-up and skincare stuff. I rarely used make-up at the end of my pregnancy coz I was working from home. Imagine piling on the stuff and just facing my laptop... alone in my room! I'm kooky, but not that nuts yet. :)

Best Buy World sells all kinds of make-up and skincare stuff from reputable high-end / luxury brands (think : Estee Lauder, Chanel, SKII) at discounted prices. They also sell deluxe / travel / sample sizes which is totally right up my alley coz I rather try out the expensive lotions and potions before springing hundreds for full size products. They even sell the bags that are gift with purchase which I also think is kinda nice. The bags are usually good quality and many a time, I'm in love with the gift with purchase but do not want to spring out another few hundred for it.

Delivery from the site is mad efficient. I placed the order at night and the delivery man came the very next morning! Crazy!!

I don’t know if you would be as excited as me to purchase from Best Buy World though… for me, I love trying new products, so I’m willing to pay like RM5 – RM10 for the sample size stuff that they sell. Some people complain that what BBW sells is actually “free gift” given by the various companies. Yeah, they are “Free gifts” IF YOU BUY LIKE THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS RINGGIT worth of their products! I rarely buy that much, so I guess it’s ok for me to pay for these sample thingies la. Without further ado, let me show you what I bought :


  1. Large tote bag from Estee Lauder. EXCELLENT quality, cute and quirky. I used it immediately after getting it to cart MORE stuff to the hospital for delivery. Initially bought it just as a random bag to carry Baby B’s stuff (e.g: diapers, change of clothes, milk / water bottles, etc), but my awesome galpals bought me a bag from Mothercare that is way more suitable.
  2. Pink floral pouch from Clinique – this is really random but I wanted to pack some small things + spectacles to bring to my MIL’s house for confinement, and I just realised that all my pouches are humongous. So small things like tweezer, nail clipper, etc, looks sooooo tiny and “lost” in my bigger pouches. So I bought a lippie set which came with this free pouch even though I have soooo many lipsticks. ~_~" This pouch came with the Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie in Pink Me Up and Clinque High Impact Lip Colour in Rosette. The color is sooooooo nice. Three items for RM45… quite worth it mah….
  3. 6 x 7ml of Estee Lauder make-up remover samples… coz I’m using Bifesta now and though so many people rave about it, I personally find it not all that great? So I thought to sample EL and see if THAT’S any better…
  4. Cherry blossom shower gel from L’occitane. Kinda regret buying this because the bottle is super small – travel sized. I would rather buy a big bottle of Body Shop stuff during their sales.
  5. Estee Lauder lipstick in Nectarine Shimmer… omg, such a lovely RED color…. can’t wait to try it out!
  6. L’occitane lip balm because I’m attracted to anything “peachy”. Feel so conned though coz it is a super small tube and it doesn’t smell peachy at all! Angry!
  7. L’occitane hand cream in cherry blossom – I think I must’ve been drunk because again I can’t fathom why I bought this? It’s a super small tube and I have hand cream up to my ears. Maybe I will give this to a friend…
  8. RMK oil make-up remover…. same reason as above – wanna try more make-up removers before settling on a big bottle. 
Will probably blog about each item in detail later. At the moment, I’m really happy with the service on Best Buy World and am happy with most of my purchases. I think the only parts that I’m pissed about are the L’occitane ones, and even then it’s my own fault for getting all carried away with the packaging.

After this haul, I did buy again from BBW - bought a birthday gift from BBW as I still can't go anywhere after confinement. It's a good thing that I'm introverted and homey... I think other women would've gone stir-crazy, the way I'm under house arrest!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP