Powered by Blogger.

Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color

 Sunday, September 15, 2013

So I got a bunch of free samples from Mary Kay a while back, and only now have I gotten around to using them. I really, really like the products, but I haven't gone back to repurchase... mainly coz I'm waiting for them to "hardsell" to me. But they are the opposite of hard-selling! They have not contacted me again after the first round of letting me try the stuff and giving me all these freebies. Isn't that so weird? Anyway, I like the products enough to consider actually walking in to the office and just asking whether they want my business or not. :S

I remember getting the mineral eye color samples because I told the Mary Kay consultant that I love mineral make-up. I like that it's supposedly kinder on the skin, and all mineral foundation that I have used so far *is* kinder on the skin. It's light wear, light coverage and never caused my pores to get clogged even with my full face make-up on. The only problem with mineral eye COLOR though is that they are usually less pigmented and there's way more fall out. However, because of the fact it's less pigmented, the fallout doesn't look as obvious, and if you prefer more color payoff, you can always apply primer! Personally, I like a more muted kinda look on my eyes (unless I'm on the stage and I want something dramatic...), so mineral eye color is really  suited for me.

I took the products with me when I went for my anniversary celebration with my husband back in the hotel where we held the wedding. The mineral eye color samples that were given to me were Crystalline, Lemongrass and Midnight Star, which was pretty good for both a night look for our anniversary dinner and for a morning look (church the next day).

For the night look, I used Midnight Star, and you might have seen this face before when I did the lip color (also awesome!) review :


Though it looks very BRIGHT and unwearable on the sample sheet, after layering it on, it still doesn't look as bright as it does. Yup, this is without primer, and I don't think I would like it to be an exact match to the sheet as it might be a bit too "disco".  Instead, I got a pretty decent, sparkly, look. I think it looks quite nice!


Here's a close up... you can see that there's so much GLITTER... I love! I really layered on the eyeshadow, so it looks darker. I suppose a light sweep would look suitable for daytime as well. :)


And even more close up: 

Can see the fallout, but generally I'm loving the shade and how sparkly it is! :) I would definitely consider this for a repurchase!

Meanwhile, Citronella and Crystalline were blended together the next day for a more "spring" look in church the next day. However, despite using all of my eyeshadow samples, I still look quite washed out. It's almost like I'm not having any eye shadow on at all. I know, even in the picture below, it looks like both are just white in color. =p


Ok, a better picture would be this one (the first two in top row) :


This is how it looks like without any primer. This was taken in natural sunlight :


Close-up ... hopeless without any primer! :( Maybe the Crystalline overpowered the Citronella a bit too much, cos I remember when the Mary Kay consultant applied it for me (only one color, with primer), it was a pretty intense green! :( Because it's so light, you can't really see the glitters either - it just doesn't stand out. Pity, coz they are both really glittery on the sample sheet!


Not sure how much this will cost cos I can't find any information about pricing on the Mary Kay website. Will update this page when I actually do purchase the Midnight Star. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP