Powered by Blogger.

Monday Masks : Timeless Truth Orchid Extract Replenishing Face Mask

 Monday, September 9, 2013

I finally got the chance to use the Timeless Truth Orchid Extract Replenishing Face Mask from my March Edition of Vanity Trove. I tell you, I can even make small samples last forever... it was only last night that I managed to use finish my Premier Dead Sea moisturiser. I'm starting to think that even deluxe samples from beauty boxes are going to last me a good long while - worth the $$!

 

Anyway, you might've seen reviews of this mask on countless other beauty blogs, but here I am just to add in my 2 sen as well. ;) The orchid extract replenishing mask is a 3D mask (with hooks for your ears as well as around your chin) for full absorbtion. "The remarkable energy is in the root of the orchid, giving anti-ageing benefits, and leaving the skin beautifully soft and radiant", says Timeless Truth. The mask is suitable to be used for all skin types and is mainly beneficial for dry, lifeless and dull looking skin. The original price of one mask is RM10, which is really pricey, but I suppose it is a 3D mask, and those are often more expensive. I also have a voucher from Vanity Trove that gives me a 20% discount if I choose to buy more masks from them, so this will make the masks a tinge more affordable. =)

When I first took the mask out of the packet --- was not very happy because there is no additional plastic backing, so have to be quite careful when unfolding it, less I tear it. There is a generous amount of essence on the mask, so that was quite nice. Even better - it smelled really, really nice! It's a floral scent, but not cloying and overwhelming. In fact, it was soothing aromatherapy and very relaxing. I definitely enjoyed my session with the mask.

The fit however, was literally, quite a stretch! I find that the mask is a bit too small for the face - maybe my face has grown fatter as well. It was quite hard for me to get the hooks behind me ears, and when I did, this is what I look like : 


It looks so incredibly stretched out, right? Oh well, I supposed that's one way to ensure the mask adheres closely to the skin!! This meant that it was a teensy bit uncomfortable (especially the feeling that the hooks would snap off my ears at any moment -- but it didn't!), but thankfully nothing that I couldn't get over after a while.

After the 20 minutes session, I did find my skin was more moisturised and softened. In fact, the next morning when I was washing my face, I was wondering what night moisturiser I had on, coz my skin was so incredibly baby-soft smooth to the touch! Then I remembered that the only thing I did differently the night before was to use this mask. Such a great testimony for it, so I might consider this for repurchase later! It's a much better mask than all the other crap cheap masks I've been reviewing (Sasatinnie comes to mind!).

Orchid extracts are now the latest in beauty and skincare products due to anthocyanins in the flower that has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory capabilities. Orchid extracts can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles and respond to environmental stresses such as UV radiation, pollution and extreme temperatures.  It also has skin–fortifying minerals like calcium, magnesium, and zinc. I'm guessing we will see more products containing orchid extracts in the future! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP