Powered by Blogger.

Stuff I Rarely Use (But Still Use!) Pt Quatre

 Wednesday, May 25, 2011



1. Soap & Glory : Scrub of Your Life
Similar to Soap & Glory's Peaches & Clean shower gel, actually. This one is also buffing-bead-filled-goodness. You will definitely be able to scrub your body into a high shine and skin feels smoother after the massive exfoliation you get with this scrub. My only complain is that Peaches & Clean is *definitely* better smelling. This one doesn't smell like anything fruity or floral... I really can't explain it. It just smells like a cleanser... all formulaic and stuff. This, despite it being supposed to smell like peaches, jasmine and all kinds of goodness.

The buffing beads are also much bigger than the peach scrub (normal I suppose, since the other is supposed to be a shower gel!), and harder to melt under water. So I think you can say that it is more value for money, because with just a small amount of product, you can go on scrubbing and buffing for a long time. When I say that it's hard to melt, it really is! I was buffing away WHILE I was under the shower, and the buffing beads just won't go away, lol. =)



2. Simple Kind To Skin Deep Cleansing Face Mask
I use this deep cleansing mask on my face whenever I feel like my face needs a treat, but I don't have the time. The Deep Cleansing mask goes on liquid, and washes off liquid-y. It's not one of those masks that dries off and you peel it off. It also doesn't need to be on your face for very long - you can wash off after 5 minutes.

Remember to shake the tube a little before you start using because of the composition inside... sometimes liquid just comes out, and then your "mask" will end up too watery. Otherwise, I smear it over my face, and upon washing off, the skin feels softer and smells like a baby! I personally feel that it calms down spots or pimples that were already on my face.

The cons? I don't like the slightly greasy feeling I get after washing this off, and I don't really feel that this is "deep cleansing" because of the aforementioned greasy feeling. I would expect a deep cleansing mask to really make your skin feel oil-free and squeaky clean. Also, a bit pricey for a mask that I only use occasionally. I think it was almost RM20, but the curious cat in me was drawn in. Plus, my boyfriend swears by Simple... he has sensitive skin, and unlike me, is not drawn to fruity smells. *laughs*

Some yummy descriptions about this product :
VITAL VITAMINs :
PRO-VITAMIN B5 - actively restores, softens and smoothes (agree on this!)
VITAMIN E - moisturises to improve skin condition (it is quite moisturising, maybe a little bit too much!)

SKIN LOVING NUTRIENTS
NATURAL CLAY - detoxifies and purifies (yup! but I wish it was stronger in a way)
SEAWEED EXTRACT - cleanses, soothes and softens (ugh, I don't like seaweed, and this does soothe and soften, but the cleansing property ... hmmm... this is just the wrong product for me to get the squeaky cleanness I like)
BISABOL - soothes and calms (yup!)


Item is 3rd from the left

3. Boots Oriental Floral Yuzu Bath Essence
I got this free with the Boots "Oriental Bloom" gift set, otherwise I definitely will not buy it. For one, I am not sure what a bath essence is. I thought it would be like essential oils, but this one looks like a shower gel. It *can't* be used as a shower gel though, because there's no cleaning properties. I suppose if you use a body scrub and you want to add a little fragrance into your scrub, you could mix it with this. And it *does* smell very nice.

The bath essence has a mild fruity smell that is not too zesty. Perfect for relaxing in a bath, I suppose. Hmm.. if only I had a bath tub, then perhaps I could give this a more thorough review...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP