Powered by Blogger.

It's Gonna Be A Bombshell Summer! I ((heart)) VS part 2

 Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Beach cover-ups from VS are so pretty, but kinda ... pointless, isn't it? Especially if you don't travel to exotic beach locations, like Hawaii, Fiji, Greece, Mauritius... by the way, I didn't just pull those getaways from my ass.. I Google-d for it. Hehehe. But guess what? Malaysia is #10 on the Top 10 Luxury Destinations, so what do I know. Perhaps these beach cover-ups would look just as delicious while walking along Batu Feringghi or something...

Miranda Kerr is modelling the striped linen cover-up sweater currently retailing at $49.50. Personally, don't like this too much because of the stripes & color combination. Kinda reminds me of old man pajamas. But the plus point is the total casual, effortless chic that this cover-up exudes. Or maybe it's just Miranda doing her thang...

I prefer this rainbow striped chiffon-esque cover up from Echo for $88. Almost double the price of the other one, no wonder I find it more appealing.

I like the funkiness of this top! A little more fitted than the above two, but I think it can still pass off as a dress when you're off the beach. On sale now for $49.99.

Eyelet Cotton Caftan - $59.50. Not really my style, but some of you might like the roominess of this cover-up. To me, it's less re-wearable compared to the 2nd and 3rd item, but one can't resist the lovely detailed eyelets at the bottom, can you? I also love the brilliant shade of blue (it's called "waterfall"). =)

This paisley print cover-up is so young and vibrant. I think only really really fresh-faced beauties will be able to pull this off. I'm rather afraid of too much color, so I can only admire this piece from afar. Also, please note the embellished neckline.. I think it's a bit OTT. $68 if you're interested.

And I don't think this is even a cover-up at all! It's more like a cardigan. Suitable for those who have really hot bods and still want to show off their bombshell swimsuits, but with a bit of a peekaboo element involved. ;) Extremely pointless, this one. The cover-ups, I could debate that it looks more decent if you've just come out of the sea and you wanna throw on "some ratty old thing" (which isn't ratty at all) and sit by the hotel's beachfront cafe to drink some mai-tais or something. But to throw on a cardigan... ?? I'm just speechless.

Perhaps someone more fashionista than I am can care to elaborate how this will be an essential item on a beach holiday...

Going cheap for $39.50!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP