Powered by Blogger.

Stuff I Rarely Use (But Still Use!) Pt Deux

 Saturday, May 21, 2011



1. Boots "The Power of Plants Botanics" Firming Body Gel - I bought this from Thailand too.. on one of my usual sprees where spending money was the goal, lol. It's supposed to help you tone up your body, using all natural extracts and what not. When my colleague found out I was using this, he was aghasted because he thought I was using it for my boobs. Lol! Cos when you say "firming", most people think it's to firm up sagging boobies? ;) Well, I actually use it on my triceps and triceps only.

Anyway, my rant on this is that I really don't think that it works. Hahaha.. duh. After putting it on my skin, I do feel a "tightening" effect, but it's those kinda "tightening" effect like when you put egg white on your skin. It's temporary. I don't know if there's any benefits from prolonged usage, because my triceps don't look tight as heck. Then again, I've only used 1/3 of the bottle. Didn't continue because it feels funny to use this, and then I have my usual body moisturiser all over already too. So it's like... weird to have so many different types of lotions smeared all over your arms.

It also smells rather... distinct. I would actually say it smells kind of bad, but not totally obnoxious. In fact, the whole "botanics" range from Boots smells bad. Sometimes it's good not to be so natural. Hahaha! XD



2. Crabtree & Evelyn La Source 60 Second Fix for Hands
This shouldn't be considered as drug store beauty, but C&E is one of my fave brands, and I got this for free, so ok lah. =p [Tron gave it to me]

So basically this started off annoying because the instructions were all in French, and since this item is sold in Malaysia, did they think we speak French? Though they had some nifty diagrams, I had to figure out which bottle was for exfoliation and which for moisturising. The reason why I was so particular is because I didn't even want to waste one drop of the item "experimenting"... lucky for me after I failed to Google out any results, I got it right the first time. Hahahha. =p So drama, just over hand cream...

Anyway, so use the one on your right for exfoliation, and the one on your left for the moisturising.

This product really works! Your hands definitely will feel softer and smoother after applying it. The little exfoliation scrub really gets rid of hardened skin, so I really spent my time continuosly rubbing and rubbing this product over hardened spots and to get rid of peeling skin. (My hands are in atrocious conditions). After washing off the residue, you already feel like there's a distinct "oily" kind of feeling over your hands, like it's already super smooth because of this "oil" coat. After that, you put on the moisturising lotion to make it even more softer and and baby smooth.

The results only last for 1 day though... and at £22.50 for the full size set (I'm using the mini 25ml kit), I don't think I'l use it again when I'm finished... :(



3. Dove Fresh Mint & Water Lily "Go Fresh" shower gel
I rarely use this because this is another shower gel that it is in my bag, and at the moment, I rather use the Original Source one. ;P But in fact, this shower gel is also really good as an "after gym" shower gel thanks to the cooling & refreshing feeling you get from the fresh mint.

I bought this during a promotion at Guardian, whereby I could get 2 bottles for the price of one, so it was really cheap. Like RM3+ per bottle only, which can last me for nearly 1.5 months (I'm generous in the shower). The scent is crisp and fresh, but it isn't really my thing. There are no exfoliating beads, so it's good for a quick shower.

I might get another bottle from the "Go Fresh" range, but probably not this scent. :) The lemongrass and grapefruit one looks promising. And as mentioned before, since I have sensitive (ish) skin, it's hard for me to find good shower gel at this kinda price. Another no-no for me is Follow Me. I stupidly bought a 1 liter bottle from their new aromatherapy range, and halfway thru, I started getting rashes again. NO no no!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP