Powered by Blogger.

Daily Face Products

 Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I think I was too excited to publish my list of daily-used-products that I forgot about a very important item that I use daily! None other than my face moisturiser. Now is this an important element to a skincare regime or what? Currently, I don't even put foundation cos I think it really clogs up the pores --- don't get me wrong, I still love my mineral make-up, but I don't see many people at my workplace, so I reckon that leaving it au naturale is best.

Having said that, I do feel that a lick of moisturiser will be the best thing to wear to keep the face smooth and supple. When I *do* wear foundation, it'll be a great base to start off with. Currently, I'm using the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturising Lotion, which a lot of bloggers are promoting. I admit, I totally got sold on their blog ads, so I got myself a bottle too. It ain't cheap... it's about RM40+? I remember I bought it together with the face wash, so all together it came up to RM60++... Since I'm an advocate of drug store beauty, this is super pricey for me. I'm no sponsored blogger, so I definitely don't think of this as "inexpensive". Maybe inexpensive compared to brands like Dior, Estee Lauder, etc... but are those sold at a drugstore? We have standards to maintain here! (Cheaper please!)



Anyway, despite my ranting on the price, it is a really good moisturiser and it takes very longggg for me to finish this bottle. I think I've been using it for nearly a year now. O_O And I use it everyday. All you need is 2 drops from the bottle, rub it together between your palms and then spread it all over your face. You're supposed to "gently pat your face" until everything gets absorbed in. But being impatient, I tend to rub it over like a maniac and continue rubbing somemore. -__- This ain't a beauty tip, just saying how I do things, haha. I think it's not good to be as vigorous as I am... be more gentle and feminine please!

My skin definitely feels softer and smoother after applying this lotion, and it doesn't have any smell, and it is super light and refreshing. Almost as if you are just applying water! Though it does feel a little bit sticky and icky when you first smear it on, it gets absorbed in with more rubbing and then it doesn't leave any sticky residue. So it's good in that sense. At least you aren't throwing your money into the bin, you actually get a product that works. :p

I do have a bit of a complain about this item... I suppose since I've been using it for so long and I've been carting it everywhere... the top of the bottle is a bit loosened, and once it spilled all over my make-up bag. T__T Very tragic, and I've not been bringing it along after that.

For a cheaper alternative, and something that works just as well.. why don't you be all old school and try Hazeline Snow instead? It costs less than half the price of Hada Labo, it is easy to bring around, it also lasts for a really really long time and I just love the texture of this cream! It's hard to explain what it is... it's cream-like, but not really. You just have to buy a container and try it for yourself. I think this would be around the RM10 range, you can get it cheaper when there are discounts in Guardian / Watsons!



There's also no greasy / sticky after feeling after you've put Hazeline Snow on your face, and your face feels smooth as a baby bottom after this. Have applied this and then put make-up on top and no problemo. No clogged pores feeling. I love it so much that I randomly attacked my boyfriend with Hazeline Snow, insisting to put it on his face because I think everyone should feel how awesome it feels like to have Hazeline Snow on their face!

I'm definitely going back to Hazeline Snow when my bottle of Hada Labo finishes! The good news though is that I won some Hada Labo contest thanks to Cleo magazine, so I will be able to restock on Hada Labo and not feel the pinch in my pocket! :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP