Powered by Blogger.

Stuff I Rarely Use (But Still Use!) Pt Trois

 Tuesday, May 24, 2011


1. Dove Go Fresh Cool Moisture Beauty Bar Soap with Cucumber and Green Tea Scent
A refreshing and cooling soap with a really nice & invigorating scent. Last time, this could only be bought overseas, and my friend bought back a few bars of soap for me. She said that she loves to slip a few bars between her clothes in the cupboard because she likes the fragrance so much! I do agree that it has a nice smell, but I won't go to such lengths, haha.

The soap is rather "soft", so after using it for a while, it's very likely that it'll go all mushy on you on your soap dish. You have been warned! I only use this soap to wash my hands, so I can't comment much on how well it cleans the body, etc. However, I have a few bars so I might review this again at a later date. Not really big on bars of soap because I hate cleaning out the soap dish... but sometimes a nice, handy bar of soap is so much nicer to use than certain shower gels... I have a LOT of soap to try... (mostly taken from hotels! hahaha!)


2. The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Africa Spa Salt Scrub

Bought this back when Body Shop was having a sale, and since I was mad for sales, I bought it though I didn't know much about it. It was pretty pricey, this and the moisturiser (reviewed below) ended up costing about RM100+? Still, I really really like it, this is a very effective body scrub, and if you believe in the magical healing properties of salt, then this will be right up your alley.

In general, I don't like tub-style packaging, no matter how classy this one looks, with the cute latch and all. I don't like dipping my hands into a tub, as when you are bathing, your hands are wet, and if you get water into the salt scrub, it will start "melting". I mean, it's no biggie, but it'll look yucky la (a small pool of water inside your tub of salt scrub).

The texture for the Salt Scrub is just the way I like it - slightly firm (indicative of a lot of exfoliation beads --- or in this case --- salt), kind of slicker version of putty. It also doesn't melt that easily, so a little bit really goes a longggg way.

The only drawback for this thing for me is probably the price and the smell. It kinda smells very waxy to me, and I prefer to rinse off with some other yummy smelling shower gel before towelling off. Guaranteed smoother and healthier looking skin, and you only need to use it once a week. Oh, and be careful not to use it when you have small little cuts, else you will be stinging in the shower! Hahaha. But I guess that's true for all salt-based body scrubs.

3. The Body Shop - Spa Wisdom On a High Hydrating Puree
Was convinced by the sales assistant that this is THE product to go with the Africa Spa Salt Scrub (after I mentioned that I thought salt scrubs would be too dehydrating and rough on the skin - silly me, I could get my own moisturiser outside if I'm worried about that, right?). As mentioned, it's pretty pricey, and keep in mind that I bought both items while they had 10-20% discounts! I definitely won't repurchase if it's at the original price.

This item comes with andiroba and rose hip oil, leaves a very light smooth & silky feeling, but not super moisturised like my Palmer's Body Butter. I'm very impressed with how easily this product gets absorbed into my skin. Seriously, one of the most easily absorbed, with no lingering greasy feeling product ever... Since it's very light, it's suitable to be used in our Malaysian hot weather (if you use greasier products like the Palmer's I mention, it's a weird feeling to be sweating and having the sweat running down your body-buttered arms... I just cannot describe it. You have to live that experience for yourself). Also leaves a nice "cooling" after-taste, delicious on the skin.

Not a bad experience with this one, but Body Shop is really too expensive to be featured on my drug store beauty website. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP