Powered by Blogger.

Vanity Trove - Should I Join?

 Monday, February 27, 2012

I first read about "beauty subscriptions" from another beauty blogger, but never thought that it would be available in Malaysia. "Beauty Subscriptions" are when you pay a certain fee to a company to have a box of "beauty samples" sent to your home every month. Apparently, the value of the items that you receive to "sample" is way more than what you pay per month. It's a win-win situation, whereby you - as a person who loves to try beauty products, get to try these items at a cheaper price. The company gets more people to try their stuff, and maybe will get you to become a loyal customer in the future and you would be willing to pay the regular price for their full-size product.

FYI, the items in the "beauty subscription" may or may not be a full size product. Sometimes they do give full-size items! Depends on your luck, I guess.

Anyway, in Malaysia, there is now a company called Vanity Trove that is selling these beauty subscriptions. They are actually from Singapore! You can either buy a monthly subscription or a yearly one (and get one month free). The postage is included with the subscription as well. What they send to you also depends on a small questionnaire that you fill in upon signing up. Maybe if you are more into skincare, you will get more of such samples instead of beauty products that would not interest you.

The cost? It is RM50 a month. I know, it's quite pricey right? I was really hoping for something around the RM25-RM30 range, but the stuff in the Vanity Trove box looks quite good. Check it out:

Oh God, they gave out sample OPI nailpolishes from the Nicki Minaj SuperBass collection!
I spy Clinique samples as well!
There's this really nicely packaged range called "You Filthy Thing!" which I think is something totally up my alley - looks good + unique + fun shower times!
SKII! Lancome!

So should I get it or not? The thing is, RM50 per month is quite expensive, and in fact it's even more than that. When I tried to "Check Out", they converted it to SGD, so depending on the exchange rate it may or may not be higher than that. Plus, at the moment, I really have more than enough things to "try out". In fact, my room is a STOCKPILE of skincare and beauty products. No lie.

Maybe will check it out after I have used up more of my STOCKPILE. Though something devilish is whispering into my ear about all the cool products that I could be missing out on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP