Powered by Blogger.

Ralph Lauren Cool

 Friday, February 10, 2012



This is one of my old purchases when I went to the States way back in '06/'07. I bought this at the premium outlet stores in Gilroy, so I got it really cheap. How freaking cheap? Well, a boxset of the Ralph Lauren Cool 100ml EDT and a body wash cost something like USD20. YES. You can close your gaping mouth now -- it's THAT cheap. And a lot of other stuff is around that price too. Then again, perfumes in US are no big deal. They even sell brand name perfumes in the supermarket. Well, not the really high-end type. But all those singer / actor endorsed perfumes are shoved into an aisle next to the broccoli and onions... ((exaggerating, but still true))

I was of course, very eager to get my greedy paws on Ralph Lauren Cool because back then, it is one of those "must have" perfumes. In fact, the male version of this perfume is still kinda "hot", which shows that guys perfume is 5 years behind us. At least. :P This range of perfume consists of the original Ralph (refreshing floral scent), Ralph Rocks (energetic fruity floral), Ralph Wild (oriental floral), Ralph Hot (sensual fruity floral) and Ralph Cool - a musky fruity floral that I will talk more about now. To be honest, I have not smelled the others before, and I probably won't get a chance to in the perfume counters over here because this series has since been discontinued. But you never know...

After using this perfume for so long, I still have at least 60ml left! Yes, it's very very hard for me to finish my perfumes. It was my go-to period in my younger days, but because it's an EDT, and because it smells so "casual", I don't wear it on a daily basis. This fresh, sporty scent seems more suited for weekend outings - and even then, to some place not-so-special. Lol! The fragrance doesn't last very long - maybe 3 hours tops, and then it can be easily washed away with soap and water, and nary a trace remains. However, I still like it very much, because the initial spritz is VERY refreshing, energizing and awakens the senses. It is also not one of those sickeningly sweet fragrances even though it's supposed to be a floral scent.

When I first wore it with Tron, Tron perked up instantly and said that this bubbly scent was suitable for me. He thinks the other perfumes I have (including the ones he gets me!) might be too mature for me, but this is youthful enough. Ironic, as I myself am no spring chicken anymore.

"It opens with fresh notes of kiwi, frozen nectarine, watermelon and cucumber pulp. The middle notes add up a freshness created by a fusion of honeysuckle and lime, along with the pure jasmine and lily-of-the-valley with grassy – lemon waves. The bottom notes dandle with creamy musk, vetiver and sensuous woody notes. " - Source : Fragrantica.com

The fruity notes are VERY apparent, and is what gives the zesty, peppy scent that I know and adore. I don't really detect the middle scent, but the sensual woody notes are also notable after a certain period. The difference between the fruity blast at the beginning and the more sensual notes at the end makes this seem a bit strange to me - prefer if it is not such a big difference. I prefer crisp, clean and airy all the way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP