Powered by Blogger.

Balmbini Face Palette

 Tuesday, February 28, 2012


This is one of my favorite purchases during my Singapore hauls last year! The Balmbini Face Palette. I've been using it since last year, and have not been fair to it as I've kept putting off doing a review because I'm quite lazy to snap pictures. *ashamed* *fail beauty blogger* However, I've been packing it for so many on-the-go moments that every other face picture that I have would be one with the products from my Balmbini face palette. I have more than enough pictures required now. :P

As mentioned, this face palette is pretty comprehensive - it has eyeshadows, lipstick & lipgloss, blushers and all in a compact set that makes it travel-handy. It also has a mirror inside, which is SUPER useful, considering that I don't pack one. *ashamed* *failed female* Since I don't wear foundation, this is pretty much all I need to make myself up. Oh, and my eyeliner of course. ;)

The packaging is SO cute, isn't it? To be honest, I've heard of The Balm a long, long time ago, but I've never bought anything from them because :
a. not sure if it's *really* that good
b. it's freaking expensive!

However, I like this Face Palette because I can try out most of their star products --- and all for RM80+. Yes, that's how much this face palette costs, and I feel it's pretty worth it. Considering that my Too Faced Eye Shadow Palette already costs RM130. The quality of The Balm products are good - long-lasting and vibrant colors.

The back of the cover shows exactly what is in the box, as well as a suggestion on how you can use ALL the products in one look. Lol! I find using everything at once a bit too much for myself (too lazy to shade my cheeks and I won't bother with gloss on top of something that already feels like gloss!) , but even when you do put everything on at once , it looks quite glam - nothing too over-the-top and ridiculous.

Inside the Balmbini Face Palette, you get :
Down Boy Blusher - a bright pink, fun and flirty shade. Gives you a healthy glow, very youthful and playful.
Hot Mama Blusher - a shimmery orange for that sun-kissed look. Also can be used for shading.

Mary-Lou Manizer - pale golden, shimmery, luminiser for the eyes. To highlight your eyes, brighten them up and add a bit of sparkle! ;)

Shady Lady Eye Shadow - there's two shades in here : Insane Jane and Jealous Jordana. Insane Jane is some coppery-greenish shade (sorry, I can't really describe colors, but you can see from the pic above!) and Jealous Jordana looks like a really "jungley" shade of dark green that I wouldn't normally purchase. However, it does look good on the eyes when mixed with Insane Jane!

Read My Lips Lipstick - a dark red shade called "Wanted". It smells like cherries and is a bit sticky, so I thought it was gloss too!

Special Edition Tinted Gloss - looks orange-y, but comes on clear. Smells orange-y.

Some pictures of myself with "my face on". :P

See? Not too shabby right? The gloss + lipstick gives an insane amount of shine. I also find the shade quite nice. Though the color descriptions I gave for Insane Jane & Jealous Jordana sounds bad, it looks office-appropriate with a light touch. If I'm more heavy-handed, I could get a mean smokey eye look. :) You can also see how bright & vibrant the Down Boy blusher is! I quite like it! If you are into kawaii looks, this would be right up your alley.

And this is me with less stuff on - no Hot Mama shading and no gloss, just lippy.


Anyway, I'm super satisfied with this purchase. I reckon that wherever I go, I'll be packing this with me. So convenient!! I wonder if The Balm has any other face palettes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP