Powered by Blogger.

My Beauty Diary Strawberry Yogurt Amino Acid Cleanser & Vanilla Souffle Face Scrub

 Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sorry for not posting more frequently, but let me give you a two-in-one review! :) The My Beauty Diary Strawberry Yogurt Amino Acid Cleanser & Vanilla Souffle Face Scrub are mini sizes that I got as part of the My Beauty Sweet Teatime set that I bought last time (almost two years ago!). No worries, it only expires in 2014, so I faster took this out of storage. Since this is part of the Sweet Teatime set, it's really mini-sized, only 30ml for the cleanser and 50ml for the vanilla souffle face scrub.

 

First up, we have the  My Beauty Diary Strawberry Yogurt Amino Acid Cleanser! I had high expectations of liking this cleanser because I like strawberries. Turns out, this smells more like CHOCOLATE than strawberries, which I kinda dislike. So misleading. I also don't like my cleansers coming in a tub form because I don't like digging into the cleanser with my fingers. I read that the full-size product comes with a scooper to keep things more hygienic, but that wouldn't help an inch for me because I find that so cumbersome. Seriously, keep it simple!


This is how it looks like on the inside. It's a pale pink, creamy cleanser with bits of exfoliation beads inside for a bit of a scrub. It leaves skin feeling soft and clean, but it's not really good at removing my make-up. I dare say that it's even worse than  the Berli Pops cleanser that I used before this one. 30ml doesn't last long at all, I would say I finished the entire tub in about 2 weeks or slightly less than that. And the last bits in the tubs are filled with watery bits.... yeah, that's what you get for designing a cleanser that comes in a tub. -____-"


Next, we have here the My Beauty Diary Vanilla Souffle Face Scrub. I couldn't read the characters on the packaging, and since it came all in one box, I assumed that the cleanser was to be used hand-in-hand with the cleanser. Everytime I washed my face, I would use this face scrub as well. I was wondering what kinda "scrub" is this, it has less exfoliation beads than the cleanser because it looks like this ....


Isn't that the cutest puff ever? SO CUTE. I think it's so much foamier than the Biore Marshmallow Whip. That's because it comes out of a spray nozzle! It's very consistent with the bubbles and doesn't seem to lessen. I thought it's similar to the marshmallow whip and was using it as such. I did feel a bit silly though, because I didn't find my skin that much better using both the cleanser & souffle face scrub together. But I have to say, I much prefer the vanilla scent of the souffle scrub to the chocolatey amino acid cleanser. If you're doing the same thing, STOP RIGHT THERE because this is supposed to be used on CLEANSED, DRY SKIN!

After getting a good size of foam on your palm (like the above picture), carefully apply it all over your  face. Then, keep rubbing the foam in until it forms little beads. Some people say that it's just the dried up product. Some say that it is dead skin cells. Some say that it's a combination of both! To me, I HOPE it's a combination of both...



I don't feel like my skin is much better after using this souffle scrub, and I have to say that it takes a LOT of scrubbing to get the little beads to start forming. I rather stick to my Hello Kitty Gommage! It smells even better!

All in all, interesting products to try out, but nothing that I would repurchase. I did like the Sweet Teatime masks though! I do like it when companies package all their new products together in a set so that we can try out everything before deciding whether we want to spring for the full-size items. In case you're curious, the full-size Amino Acid Cleanser is USD12.50 for 90ml and the Vanilla Souffle Face Scrub is USD19 for 120ml. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP