Powered by Blogger.

Friday Cheapies : Modbox Beauty Box

 Friday, August 16, 2013

I've blogged about Vanity Trove's personalized trove collection... and it seems that another beauty box on the market is catching up and having the same concept. Here's my take on VT's personalized trove, and today, I want to share with you the cheaper alternative - the Personal Modbox.

Of course, there's pros and cons for each item, and no way am I saying one is better than the other. As a savvy consumer, we always wanna know more and choose what is suitable for us based on what is available on the market. :)

VT's personalized trove costs RM50 + shipping, and you get to choose 6 samples out of a possible 30 choices. Wide range of variety, and there are full-sized items to select as well!
Modbox's personal box costs RM9 (!!!!), but does not include shipping. I paid RM6 for shipping within West Malaysia. Think it's slightly higher to East Malaysia. You get to pick 3 samples out of a possible 6, and you can only select a specific combination. E.g: for the first sample, you can only select between a Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender Hand Therapy cream OR a Ronasutra 2-in1- foundation powder.

VT's personalized trove is still delivered to you in their classic, drawer-style box. Modbox has shrunk their box to the height of an iPhone 4S, and definitely does not look as attractive or as sturdy. If you don't plan to keep your boxes, it's no biggie for you, I suppose! Because of the smaller box, Modbox is able to arrange the items nicely & make everything look "full to the brim". This was something that I noted was a problem with VT's personalized trove, as the random selection that I got meant that everything couldn't be arranged 100% perfect.

Another mini complaint that I mentioned about VT was also overcome by Modbox - the lack of product card with VT. Since it is now "random selection", VT is not printing out nice product card on nice paper. What Modbox did was to print each product's description individually on smaller pieces of paper, and then tie them together with a piece of string. It looks very DIY, but heck, it does the job of telling us what the products are about.

Enough talking, here is what I chose for my 3 products in this round's Modbox personal beauty box:



Doesn't it look full to the brim?


I chose Crabtree & Evelyn's Lavender Hand Therapy (25g tube, RM30) against a 1g tub of Ronasutra's 2-in-1 mineral foundation powder. They have a great promotion of a free Crabtree & Evelyn Tarocco Orange skin refreshing body lotion sachet and a 0.5ml vial of Somerset Meadow EDT. So worth it! The price of the lavender hand therapy is already double of what I paid for this box, and I already took a sniff of the Somerset Meadow. It smells soooooooo good! If I really want to buy full-size perfume, Modbox has kindly included a 20% voucher with the Crabtree & Evelyn stuff. :)

Second item I chose - 30ml tube of Privia U Perfect Pure Cleansing Foam (RM43 for 150ml) instead of a 7g tub of Unico UV defense cream. The cleansing foam is a perfect travel-size, perfect for me to bring on my short holidays. :) The Pure Cleansing Foam is now sold out though, you can only select the Unico defense cream...

Last item was kinda a crap toss-up between a 0.44ml sachet of Murad eye lift illuminator, 3ml sachet of Privia U magic peeling gel and a 5ml tube of Juice Beauty antioxidant serum. The Juice Beauty serum is sold out, so I chose the Privia U magic peeling gel coz it's something to get rid of blackheads. Honestly though, the 3rd choice is really kinda crap coz it's all sachets. You can barely test a product out with sachets! I would feel bad writing a review based on just sachets, especially if it's something that you really have to use in the long run in order to see a difference.

All in all, it's super worth it for just RM15, although I still think the selections at VT are better. I'm looking forward to seeing what else is available for selection in the next personal beauty box!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP