Powered by Blogger.

Monday Masks : Guardian Caviar Face Mask

 Monday, August 12, 2013

I have two pimples sprouting out on my chin. Based on studies, pimples around this area is usually hormonal, and not due to bad hygiene. Still, I panicked over the weekend and decided to pamper my face with a mask to help get things back to normal. As always, I've not been very disciplined with my mask application, and it's time like these (when skin condition is shite) that I start to become very diligent!

Based on my stash of sheet masks, I decided to use the Guardian Caviar Face Mask for my current condition, because it promises to nourish and treat delicate skin. Well, my skin is at a delicate condition now! :P Yes, it is a real drugstore brand - Guardian pharmacy's very own in-house manufactured sheet masks. Don't snub your nose at it, I find that sometimes in-house products are much better than cheap stuff you get from Sasa and so on. I bought this at a promotional price of RM7 for 2 or something like that. Look out for good deals like that in your local drugstore!


Packaging is a bit cheesy and nothing to shout about. The sheet mask though, is thick and comes with plastic backing. Already much better than those cheapo masks like Sasatinnie. -___- Was a bit doubtful about using a CAVIAR mask because I was afraid that it would smelly FISHY, but in fact it smelled STRONGLY of something like green tea. I know the green tea that you drink is generally erm... scentless. But this smells like a very strong kind of green tea perfume... floral and zen. Hahah. Quite nice, but got a bit too overpowering at the end.


Fit of the mask is really bad. Lots of gaps in the wrong places and loose at other places. Really look like a monster in the above picture. After pampering skin for 20 minutes, skin does feel softer and more moisturised. Pimple area is not as red, but noticed little white heads are popping out on my forehead the next day. Don't know if this is a "detoxifying" effect or what. Hope my skin condition is really not headed towards the shitter.

I still would give this mask one more chance (I have one more sheet!), cos I don't think the additional whiteheads are caused by the mask. Plus, I did really feel more refreshed and "nourished" after using the mask! Secret ingredients include caviar extract and grapeseed oil. Caviar extract is rich in vitamins A, D, B1, B2 and B6, which help to slow down the aging process whilst providing intense hydration to skin. Meanwhile, grapeseed oil contains linoleic acid that helps general skin improvement, including curing skin conditions like acne.

Of course, expect these to come in very very minute quantities in this face mask. :P
vitamins A, D, B1, B2, B6
vitamins A, D, B1, B2, B6


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP