Powered by Blogger.

The Nature Lab Makeup Removing Serum

 Saturday, February 2, 2013

Ever since I have an affinity for wearing waterproof mascara, make-up remover is most definitely an essential in my face-cleansing routine. When I was on holiday, it was the perfect time to pack this makeup removing serum sample from The Nature Lab. Of course, it was only enough for two uses, and I had to take along my trusty Maybelline make-up remover as well. :) Got this sample from the Vanity Trove x Watsons beauty box!



As with most of the stuff from The Nature Lab, it is parabens free, oil free and alcohol free. However, to use this makeup removing serum is not quite the same as your other normal makeup removers. Personally, I have not seen something like this before! And I don't mean it in a good way. Well, for most makeup removers, they recommend that you soak a cotton pad with a small amount of the remover. For the makeup removing serum from The Nature Lab, they request that you squeeze a small amount out on your hand.... and then your rub your hands together (to warm up the serum) before you rub it on your face! Maybe I'm behind times, but I truly have not used another make-up remover quite like this! (Then again, I've not been keen on using make-up removers til recently, lololol.) 
 

And... the above is what the serum looks like! Yup, it's not liquidy, but like a soft gel. Kinda reminds me of my Hello Kitty gommage! After rubbing it between my palms, I quickly swipe it across my face. Oh God... a bit of it went into my eye and it stung like Hell! That will explain why there are not more detailed photos. I actually took a few, but it had me squinting in obvious pain, and tears were streaming down my face as well.... hmmm. Anyway, I would say that the make-up remover is effective, but it is pretty messy! As you are rubbing the serum across your face, the make-up and the serum mixes together, and you look like your mascara is running all over your face. Mixed with your eyeshadow and foundation, bla bla bla. As quickly as your are swiping it over your face, have a tissue ready to wipe away the dripping excess, or be at the sink to quickly wash everything off.


My "before" snapshot! Sorry for the blurrines, but you can see that generally my BB cream foundation & eye make-up are pretty much the only things intact.


My right eye's make up has been removed, but you can see a dirty mark left on my face, from where the serum mixes with the mascara and erm... slides off. Yes, it's a pretty messy affair. However, don't worry that if you quickly wash everything off, you might miss something. I found that this serum is pretty strong and hardcore. You don't have to rub too vigorously, and you don't have to press down hard on your face --- and yet everything gets stripped right off! Of course, the payback is that if it gets into your eye, you will be crying like a brokenhearted girlfriend.

Not a repurchase for me, but if you're interested in trying this out, you can get The Nature Lab products in pharmacies in Singapore. :) Haven't seen it around in Malaysia thus far...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP