Powered by Blogger.

Lipstick Sundays : Mary Kay Creme Lipstick in Dusty Rose (Satin)

 Saturday, February 2, 2013

I didn't just pack face wash samples to Singapore.... I took along make-up samples as well! I got a whole bunch of make-up samples from Mary Kay last time, including this cute lipstick sample. It is a Creme Lipstick in the shade Dusty Rose (Satin). Quite rare to see lipstick samples come in "containers" like this, usually they have something lip-shaped that they expect you to apply by "kissing" on the paper (which I feel very dubious about, surely it will smear all over my face?). There was once I got the cutest mini lipstick ever from Cleo magazine. That was very nice! That's probably the nicest way to give lipstick samples.


This shade is a pretty pink-coral that is more vibrant than my other lipsticks. I love that it is very creamy indeed, but it is also not as moisturising as I would love it to be. In fact, it went on very thick, and felt a bit uncomfortable at first. After a while, I loved how bright the color was, so I didn't mind it so much. For me, a bit of a terror to apply this if you have dry lips. It's definitely gonna crack and show! If you need it, put on more lip balm.

Though I don't see any glitters in the lipstick, there seems to be quite a nice shine in the close-up picture below. Not a bad lip color! Really thank the Mary Kay consultant for choosing such a nice shade for me. :)


Sorry for the bad picture above, but that's how you put on the lipstick! There's just a mini pot of the creme lipstick, and something that looks like an earbud to dip into the pot and dab on your lips. It's damn messy to carry around with you for touch-ups though! I would say that this sample is good for two usages. 


In the above pic, the upper right hand side of my lips are purposely left uncolored so you can see the difference between the lip color and my original lips. :) Argh, not a very flattering pic cos you can see that my lips are quite dry!

 Fully  made-up!

 Close-up...

Mary Kay says that :
"This long-wearing, stay-true formula glides on easily with a lightweight, creamy texture for rich color impact that lasts. Plus, it won’t feather or bleed.
  • Vitamin E and a vitamin C derivative help defend against wrinkle-causing free radicals.
  • Provides instant moisture.
  • Suitable for sensitive skin.
  • Clinically tested for skin irritancy and allergy.
  • Fragrance-free."
If you're interested, you can purchase a tube online for USD$15. That should be around RM50. A bit pricey for my drugstore lovin'... maybe I will ask them for another color sample next time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP